Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Hayfield loop advice anticlockwise Jacobs skullduggary
  • stevedoc
    Free Member

A few of us are out doing the loop anticlockwise tomorrow early doors, and what im asking is there another trail /route from Edale (or just before the Nags head )that runs just off the Pennine trail to the right over the the moor that links back with the PT just west of Jacobs ladder , just seeing if I can get away with some hike a bike action

Esme
    Free Member

I’m confused! Are you asking about the path that goes up onto Grindslow Knoll and past Crowden Tower?

stevedoc
    Free Member

Yep looks like that’s the one on the map, but having googled Crowden tower I dare say its a bit sketchy up there

MrNice
    Free Member

There are footpaths up there. On a Sunday in July it’ll be full of stick waving redsocks so not ideal for a cheeky route
    EDIT I’ve walked it in the past. Could be OK on the bike after you’ve carried up there but I’d keep it for the right day

stevedoc
    Free Member

Most places will be full of stick waving Strava busters tomorrow its the nature of the beast ,but is it passable or am I resigned to the slogathon of JL

Edit: Looks like it might be worth a try through the week, thank you

chestercopperpot
    Free Member

Ride those footpaths and ride them fast and unyielding, stop and give those red socks what they want, put on your best east European accent “I only speak a little English” “I don’t understand” “it wasn’t me it was my brother” and ride off into the glowing sunset of middle-age rage.

stevedoc
    Free Member

One likes the cut of your jib Chester thanks I will let you know how I get on

slowoldman

Most places will be full of stick waving Strava busters tomorrow its the nature of the beast ,but is it passable or am I resigned to the slogathon of JL

I would find it hard to believe that carrying a bike up Grindslow Knoll would be less of a slog than JL. I imagine riding off it back to Edale could be interesting.

stevedoc
    Free Member

Well that didn’t go to well from this point I will be doing the loop with a Jacobs decent ,my cunning plan wasn’t so cunning in the wind today and we still had to slog up those gruling rocks ! Not ridable

Shower , beer ,meat and pasta and nowt else for the day

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Hayfield loop advice anticlockwise Jacobs skullduggary’ is closed to new replies.