Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Hayfield descent = LUSH (and linking Kinder circuit question)
  • hora
    Free Member

Its been a few years since I last rode it. nbt – you led that one. BOY is that brilliant- not overly techy or long but just ….right???

Rode it yesterday (out of the VGraphics book)- Question is if I ride the Kinder circuit is there a way to avoid dropping down the lane soo far (then having to climb back)- is there a short cut across? The after the descent ride round the campsite and back up the long climb to Jacobs.

No I don't have a OS map to hand to look at the bridleways 🙁

crazy-legs

Which descent are you waffling about Mark? It's just that there are about 3000 descents around there… 😉

hora
    Free Member

Through farm, up bridleway to the top of the line of trees. Through the gate – comes out alongside the campsite. (Books in the car)

sambob
    Free Member

Just after the gate at the bottom there is a bridge with some steps up to the road, then turn right at the road and follow it back? If that is not what you do already.

nbt

He's talking about the field of doom through to Elle Bank woods and down to the campsite. As sambob says, you can cut across to the Sportsmans pub and avoid gong through the village. A better idea is to start the Jacob's ladder circuit from Hayfield. Alternatively, as you reach the gate at the top of Elle bank woods you can turn left instead of right and head straigh for Jacob's ladder, but then you miss elle bank woods. I don't just randomly lead people on rides you know, I show them the good bits. Not all the good bits, unless you're special, mind.

hora
    Free Member

A better idea is to start the Jacob's ladder circuit from Hayfield

Genius.

I don't just randomly lead people on rides you know

I do remember your rides though. You tend to remember the good ones or the ones you hurt yourself on but not the mediocre!
    On this particular one (3yrs ago?) You took us left to the end of the carpark and immediately up a v.long climb- quite a good route (from memory). The Vgraphics one took me the other direction, across the main road then up Snakes Path.

Remember the bunny that had its neck rung? 😮

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

, I show them the good bits. Not all the good bits, unless you're special, mind.

hopefully his pants will stay on…

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

He's talking about the field of doom through to Elle Bank woods

Field of Doom = Coldwell Clough?? I find it hard to believe Hora is enthusing that much over the little bit of singletrack from Stones House to the Kinder…

crazy-legs

http://www.streetmap.co.uk/map.srf?x=404952&y=386645&z=115&sv=404952,386645&st=4&ar=y&mapp=map.srf&searchp=ids.srf&dn=689&ax=404952&ay=386645&lm=0

Field of Doom = that bloody awful grassy bumpy slog up past the farm and through the field of cows to get to the corner where the woods start.

Of course there *might* be a descent through the woods itself rather than following the Pennine Bridleway… 😉

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

that bloody awful grassy bumpy slog up past the farm and through the field of cows to get to the corner where the woods start.

it's only about 200m!

Of course there *might* be a descent through the woods itself

ah, obviously I've not been initiated into such arcana 🙁 Hmmm, looks at map and spots something 🙂 Lots of contours…

hora
    Free Member

Field of Doom = Coldwell Clough?? I find it hard to believe Hora is enthusing that much over the little bit of singletrack from Stones House to the Kinder…

I'd just ridden the Hayfield route. Apart from one 200m section after Snake Path (over the small bridge) it was mainly hmmmm 'ok' is a polite word. So when I got to the last section I was reawoken! 😆

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

I'd just ridden the Hayfield route.

but as crazy legs says, there isn't a definitive route, there are loads, and also numerous exciting footpaths :o)

hora
    Free Member

Hmmmm some of the VGraphic routes are lovely – some should be classed as basically road routes.

…..mmmmm must trick nbt into a ride soon 😉

Bunnyhop

We always ask you on our rides Mark, however you never turn up!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Hayfield descent = LUSH (and linking Kinder circuit question)’ is closed to new replies.