Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Hayfever, tablets vs. injections
  • englishbob
    Free Member

Hi,

I've had a really bad summer, hayfever wise this year and take Aerius tablets. Has anyone here had desensitising injections i.s.o. taking tablets and how did they get on?

Any other alternative treatments I should know about?

Rob

Garry_Lager

Hi Rob, the Daddy of antihistamines is fexofenadine, marketed as allegra. Trouble is, it's expensive so your GP won't perscribe it unless you've tried all the other stuff first. If you've not tried allegra I'd definitely give it a go.

I get terrible hay fever for about the first month of summer, then it goes away regardless. I seem to get de-sensitised naturally, so I don't usually bother with tablets any more. It's a right pain in the arse not being able to enjoy the countryside, though, because your eyes and nose are on fire, so I hope you get it sorted.

jond
    Free Member

I used to have a terrible time with it as a child, up to my mid thirties – only thing that seemed to work on the worst days was Beconase, when it came out. Admittedly for the last few years I seem to have lost some of my hayfever sensitivity.

Garry – it might be that you're particulary sensitive to whatever pollen is about for that month – mine was always exam time 🙁 – I think that's tree pollen, but walking through long grass gives me skin irritation

alexxx
    Free Member

i went to hospital this year and the gp signed me a form for fexofenidine but i didnt end up getting the injection as i was unsure about steriods

i have heard very good things about it tho, i usually get killer hayfever for about 2months then it goes, next year ill probobly start taking hardcore tablets early ie easter and if it doesnt creep up on me then ill keep doing it if not ill get the injection

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Hayfever, tablets vs. injections’ is closed to new replies.