Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Hayfever sufferers – Pharmacy First (Possible PSA)
  • legend
    Free Member

Anyone used http://www.pharmacyfirst.co.uk to get hold of any drugs? It’s all non-branded stuff but I’ve been pointed towards their hayfever offers such as: http://www.pharmacyfirst.co.uk//medicines/4-x-30-10mg-loratadine-hayfever-tablets-free-delivery/prod_10619.html

The tip came from another forum all of whom have had a good experience with the site. If it is all good, then that’s actually cheaper than driving to get my (SNP) free perscription!

Other options are available too:
    http://www.pharmacyfirst.co.uk/?utm_source=AWin&utm_medium=banner&utm_campaign=Affiliates&awc=3643_1366822088_5228b2aee2c225fc2b4faee22dfe085a

I **** hate having hayfever 🙁

peterfile
    Free Member

I tend to use a similar pharmacy to that (can’t recall the name!), generally order about 6 months worth at a time and it works out as peanuts.

Generics are absolutely fine, there’s no measurable benefit to be had by taking branded drugs other than lightening your pocket.

In terms of the drug itself, I prefer, cetirizine, but use whatever works for you.

slowoldgit
    Free Member

Loratidine worked for me, and is on sale, no prescription needed. It has to be cheaper than the £7 prescription down here.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    london_lady
    Free Member

try Chemist Direct – that is where I get my cetirizine hydrochloride tablets from
    http://www.chemistdirect.co.uk/allergy-and-hayfever-relief-loratadine-180-days-clarityn-substitute_1_177328.html

cranberry
    Free Member

as with lady_london – a season’s worth of ceterizine from chemist direct is cheap and good, but use a spare email address because they are a bit forgetful when it comes to unsubscribing from their newsletters. 👿

footflaps

I just bought a years worth of Loratadine for £11.29 inc postage from chemist-4-u.com!

officialtob
    Free Member

Move to Wales, then prescriptions are freeeeeeeeeeeee 🙂

/End of pointless/unhelpful post.

Kryton57

I’m surprised a lot of people don’t seem to know you can get hay fever stuff on prescription. A whole years with here for the price of one subscription.

Trekster

officialtob – Member
    Move to Wales, then prescriptions are freeeeeeeeeeeee

/End of pointless/unhelpful post.

Same here in Scotland
    Would seem that lots of people have decided to retire here 😕

peterfile
    Free Member

I’m surprised a lot of people don’t seem to know you can get hay fever stuff on prescription. A whole years with here for the price of one subscription.

I think people do realise, but it’s still cheaper to get it from Chemist Direct, not to mention a lot quicker and less effort for many (even in Scotland, where it’s free)

motivforz
    Free Member

I’ve used Chemist-4-U for the last 2 years, really good service and cheap.

I also tried a nasal spray, avogel luffa, which seems to make the most effect. expensive though, although it’s lasted 1 year and only used half a bottle so far. YMMV.

ebygomm
    Free Member

A lot of GPs won’t prescribe for more than a month at a time.

freeagent
    Free Member

Yep, Loratadine from Chemist Direct here – usually buy 6 months worth at a time…

meesterbond

My doc will only give me 30 at a time for my asthma / allergies, which for £7 was getting extortionate. Found that Sainsburys sold the exact same thing for £1 for 14 (I think, may even have been 28). Will have a look at the site above though if it’s even cheaper.

footflaps
    Mounty_73

I swapped over from Loratadine to Cetirizine Hydrochloride tablets as they stopped working for me.

I pay 79p for 14 from home bargains and they work really well for me. Wilkinsons and Tesco also sell the same tabs.

freddyg
    Free Member

Thank you for the PSA. I’ve just ordered a container load of Cetirizine for pennies!

slowoldgit
    Free Member

Same here in Scotland
    Would seem that lots of people have decided to retire here

… but in England once you pass 60 prescriptions are free anyway.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Hayfever sufferers – Pharmacy First (Possible PSA)’ is closed to new replies.