Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Hayfever
  • scholarsgate
    Free Member

I’m sick of my itching eyes and running nose. I usually take tablets (Cetirizine Hydrochloride and Loratadine) but this last weekend they seemed to have little effect.

Anyone use any other remedies?

wrecker
    Free Member

local honey apparently.

whippersnapper
    Free Member

I use what you use and this year it’s only just tickling (ooops) it. I haven’t suffered like this (mostly really itchy throat) for years.

scholarsgate
    Free Member

Isn’t that local honey to build up a resistance to the pollen?

coffeeking
    Free Member

Yes, and you’re supposed to take it for a month or so before the season starts. I’m having good days and bad days but otrivine nasal spray and CH tablets are taking most of it away.

thered

Isn’t that local honey to build up a resistance to the pollen?

Yes, works for me.

I don’t struggle much now, on days that it’s really bad I take Cetirizine and Beconase spray to manage it

vorlich
    Free Member

There was a thread about this last week, in which my suggestion was a neti pot. Have a look on Amazon for a ‘Nose Buddy’ looks like a cross between butt plug and a watering can.

coffeeking
    Free Member

Found this elsewhere:

Can’t imagine why occasionally washing your nose out with salt water would help with hayfever for more than a few minutes?

scholarsgate
    Free Member

what do you do with the neti pot?

scholarsgate
    Free Member

Anyone use Haymax?

vorlich
    Free Member

LOL ^^^ about covers it.

Don’t knock it till you’ve tried it though. You never get ‘puffy head’? It’s effective at clearing out nose and sinuses. I use it in conjunction with nasal spray and Cetirizine Hydrochloride. I really allows the spray to reach the bits that would be otherwise blocked.

It’s also good when you have the cold.

scholarsgate
    Free Member

Looks disgusting!

slowoldgit
    Free Member

Cetirizine and beconase spray mostly work here. Though there can be days when the pollen level is overwhelming. Those days – come home, clothes into wash, shower & wash hair helps. Plus any clean washing dried outside gets the last five minutes in a tumble drier, hoping it will remove some of the pollen.

cheers_drive

The (bell)end of the nose buddy looks very phallic. Made even worse by the photo of the woman using it with white stuff (salty liquid) running out of her nose!

Mounty_73

I take Cetirizine Hydrochloride, but they seem to be a bit hit and miss at the moment…

I also try to take them later in the day as the evenings are the worst as the pollen settles down.

At least the rain offers a little relief from the pollen!

organic355
    Free Member

I previously took Cetirizine Hydrochloride (ZIRTEK), but this year I was suffering pretty bad, so I swapped to Boots own Loratadine tablets and am doing much better.

I think changing your medication often is the answer, think maybe you get tolerant to some?

Also ordered a Neti pot after recommednations on here. Arrived this morning, almost pissed myself when I saw the size of it!!! The pics on amazon make it look quite compact. I have seen smaller watering cans. havnt tried it yet though.

Also using beconase nose spray for when it gets bad and optrex havfever eye drops.

Got Haymax, nose stuff but its a load of nonsense!!

Also some olbas oil on the pillow at night helps get a good nights sleep, aswell as changing your bedsheets often and keeping your bedroom as dust free as possible!

woody2000

I cycle between Cetirizine & Loratidine & use a nasal spray. Wearing sunglasses helps with itchy eyes too.

Winter FTW 🙁

Coyote
    Free Member

Another Beconase addict here.

stevenk4563
    Free Member

Fexofenadine Hydrochloride tablets and Nasonex nasal spray, and if those don’t work like now a couple of Sinutab.

konagirl
    Free Member

I find a nasal spray is the only thing that relieves the itchy throat/ears. I’m on Beconase at the mo. If it’s an option, try having days out at the seaside.

Haymax – also something similar on the thread last week, looks like Vaseline might be just as effective, but you might look a bit silly :).

scholarsgate
    Free Member

Isn’t that neti pot thing just a reusable Sterimar Saltwater Nasal Spray?

Gonna give the Beconase spray a try.

Thanks

vorlich
    Free Member

I can’t see that being as effective as a Neti pot. Warm water loosens the mucus and flushes it out. That spray might be useful through the day at work I suppose.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Hayfever’ is closed to new replies.