Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Hayes Stroker bleed fail.
  • robidoo
    Free Member

Fed up!
    Had a go at bleeding my hayes stroker trail today, bought the bleed kit read the instructions followed the youtube vid.
    But alas every time I put everything back the lever goes to the bars and pistons barely move.
    What really pi55es me off is on the Hayes youtube vid the guy says we us a "mag compression bushing" so why not put one in your overpriced bleed kit? As I lost count how many times the rubber hose popped off the bleed nipple.
    I have checked for leaks etc, where am I going wrong??

DickBarton

If you are sure it is bled, then rest the reservoir cap over the lever…lock the lever closed and leave it for a couple of hours…any air in the system should have got to the reservoir and you can then top it up and close it off…

Are you bleeding from caliper up or lever down? Caliper up should be the easiest…

robidoo
    Free Member

I am bleeding caliper down to leaver (bike at an angle on workstand as per youtube vid).
    There is a clean stream of fluid when I compress the bottle but when I let go the bubbles seem to go back up the drain tube back into the master cylinder.
    Any tips on clamping the rubber hose to the bleed nipple as it pops off and the seal isn't great.

Rollo
    Free Member

I use the small collar off a presta tube – its not perfect but it does help.

do the flicky thing too whilst still pumping fluid, easier with the collar to stop tube popping off.

Keep the pressure on as you nip the system closed too, to stop ubbles being sucked back in.

Pressing pistons out first also makes it easier to get disc back in. Also tap cylinder with a spanner loose any last bubbles adn rotate the lever, it all helps.

cant think of owt else..

robidoo
    Free Member

Will try the collar thingy, may help as at times I could have done with an extra hand as when I went to pull the brake lever the hose popped off.
    Cheers all.

robidoo
    Free Member

Cracked it!
    The collar of the presta tube worked a treat.
    Nice one, thanks guys.

Rob.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Hayes Stroker bleed fail.’ is closed to new replies.