Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Hayes CX Expert and L1 rotors – any problems ?
  • iainc

Have these on my Croix de Fer. They work well and are easy to set up. Weird tinging noise though when I release lever after braking. As if pad gets fouled before retracting..

Been watching the cdf brake judder thread and planning getting some Avid rotors to see if that stops it..

Jamie
    Free Member

As you bought the bike complete from the shop, can’t you take it to them to get sorted?

After all, isn’t that peace of mind/backup up, what you pay your extra money for?

iainc

Jamie – I could, but its more annoying than a fault, and I’m probs being picky. I’m not convinced shop would find it/sort it either…

Jamie
    Free Member

Have you checked to make sure the pad retention spring isn’t catching?

Failing that, just get a second hand el cheapo disc to check to see if it works. If it does, brilliant, if it doesn’t, you haven’t wasted too much cash.

iainc

No springs in them Jamie. I think the pads are magnetic backed and stick/click onto the bit behind that way. Just pulled front one apart for a little look…and its only the inside one that moves anyway. Might try it with a little more clearance though

iainc

have ordered some Avid’s from ebay to see if that fixes issue.

any more experiences ?

Thanks

iainc

oh well, just me then 🙂

Will report back on whether Avid G3CS rotors fix it !

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Hayes CX Expert and L1 rotors – any problems ?’ is closed to new replies.