Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • hayes bleed kit is sh*t arrrgh
  • stonemonkey
    Free Member

15 notes and the bloody nozzle attatched to the fluid bottle has split crap b0ll0cks arse any recomendations. and why do you bleed the system back to front

Smee
    Free Member

I agree, it is crap.

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Yes it’s utter poo

ziggy
    Free Member

Funny as I think it’s perfect for the job, you need to bleed that way as air goes up not down. If you attach old old Shimano bottle to the lever end bleed hose it will be completely mess free, forget about putting a plastic bag with a zip tie as Hayes suggests, it will just piss back down over the lever.

However it’s alot of money for some plastic and a tinsy amount of brake fluid.

robertyboberty
    Free Member

Agree kit is crap ,why do you have to cut top off cap as you then have problems fitting tube, i resorted to syringe method and found it much easier.Although got a leak at reservoir gave up and bought new brake

MrNutt
    Free Member

AAAAAGH! I’ve just spent the best part of what seems like my entire life struggling, and inevitably failing, with a knackered juicy bleed kit, to bleed my back brake. I have now given up after covering an area slightly larger then 200 hectares with dot five bloody point arse one.

I could just replace the creased tube and try again, but you know what, bollocks to it!

stonemonkey
    Free Member

done thanks to bits from mr shimano. i will stick to their parts from now on. also what the best way to get dot 4 off laminate floors.oops

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

I once tried to bleed a Hayes brake with their kit. I used up all the fluid in the bottle in 4 attempts and it was no different to when I’d started 🙁 I think there must be some special knack to it.

coatesy
    Free Member

The special knack is to bin it all bar the adapter and hose to fit the reservoir cap, buy a big syringe and some silicone tubing and pump it through from the caliper.

gst
    Free Member

Yea I agree coatesy. I bought 2 big syringes for £2, 10m 0f tube for £2 and the bleed nipple for £2 all on ebay so I reckon I saved at least £11.

There is a video on you tube or instructions on Hayes website on how to bleed brakes. Good luck 🙂

martinxyz
    Free Member

no you didnt. you spent £50 on brake fluid to fill the 10m tube!

forge197
    Free Member

bleeding brakes the worst bike maintenance job ever……..

dave_aber
    Free Member

……..if you ar5e around and do it wrong. Follow the regularly posted wisdom, and it’s really quite easy. Can be messy though!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘hayes bleed kit is sh*t arrrgh’ is closed to new replies.