Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Hawker Hunter flight simulator group buy?
  • wwaswas

This is a fully complete and operational Hawker Hunter simulator with side by side twin cockpit; when I purchased this off the MoD I managed to secure every single handbook, drawing, manual, circuit diagram and spare parts in UK MoD inventory therefore it was totally complete and ready for operation at the time of purchase

There are over two ton of spares with this unit all the MoD stock of spare instruments specially adapted by Redifon for flight simulation use, some manuals and handbooks relating to use of the system, all technical drawings, maintenance log books and servicing procedures and all spare computer PCB?s held by MoD for this design of analogue computer.

http://www.milweb.net/webvert/76966

Bit spendy, mind.

[edit]

Love this bit;
    even the guns “worked” using a series of electric driven hammers below the cockpit floor to simulate four 20mm canons firing.

T1000
    Free Member

Superb!

A former colleague was a part owner of one.

We went to an event hosted by a large city firm where over drinks the conversation turned to flying….

One of the city gents asked if either of us flew, my colleague said he did and the conversation turned into rampant willy waving by said city gent…

Are you night rated….. No….well I am…..
    Do you your own plane…. No a share…..shame says city gent I do…..
    Single engine I suppose….. Yes …..shame mine is a twin……

What do you fly…. A hawker hunter….. Stunned silence…slow deflation…….

I struggled to keep a straight face…..

Freester

Apparently Miss Demeanour is up for sale.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/fH1W4w]Miss Demeanour[/url] by Freester, on Flickr

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Awesome! – to all of this!

matt_outandabout

Awesome! – to all of this!

++1

nickc

Is that canopy open?

Freester

Is that canopy open?

Aye it is. Special ‘slow’ 200mph flypast where the pilot opens the cockpit and gives the crowd a wave!

mudshark
    Free Member

I worked on a project years ago in Crawley at Thales Training and Simulation which is where Redifon eventually ended up following various takeovers (I think). Used to watch the simulators being built then going through their test cycles, most interesting.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Most niche spam ever?

Oi, mods, you’re making it look like I’m talking to myself.

Rubber_Buccaneer

Oh dear, tinas lost it 🙁

avdave2

Years ago I had the pleasure of flying a Hercules simulator at Link Miles, fantastic experience. I got a bit over confident though and took us into the water after deciding to fly under The Golden Gate Bridge.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Hawker Hunter flight simulator group buy?’ is closed to new replies.