Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Having the flu and eating. Or not
  • brooess
    Free Member

I thought I’d got away without catching the flu/bug thing which everyone else has had over the last few weeks.
    This morning however I was reminded in no uncertain terms that I am not immune! I feel bloody awful.

Question is, what to eat? I get the distinct feeling that anything other than water that I manage to get down will be showing itself back to the outside world in some form or other shortly afterwards…

Do I just starve?

I have plenty of light stuff like a tin of lentil soup, and some bread, crackers etc but frankly I can’t face eating anything right now

Houns

Eat.

Nothing fatty.

chrisdw
    Free Member

Dry toast and a boiled egg.

binners

Question is, what to eat?

You even need to ask?

egb81
    Free Member

You have my sympathy. I got flattened with this last week and it’s not pleasant. Scrambled egg on toast or chicken soup was all I could stomach. I lost all appetite but my girlfriend is a nurse and insisted I ate something.

aphex_2k
    Free Member

Dunno – I thought feed a cold, starve a fever but having had a runny nose all night and a cough (even in Oz we get colds for Christmas) I’ve just had hot tea with honey and lemon and just vomited it up so fuk nose what I’m coming down with. Yuk.

Jamz
    Free Member

If you’re not hungry then don’t eat!

Why would the little voice inside your head know better than your own body?! Only eat when you’re hungry and eat what you fancy (only if its nutritious). I’d probably go for a decent soup, minestrone or chicken or something.

rene59
    Free Member

A light chicken broth or chicken noodle soup will work wonders for you. Even if it comes back up on you later it’s pretty easy going.

LadyGresley
    Free Member

Just listen to your body, it’ll tell you when it wants to eat!

jambalaya
    Free Member

Chicken soup (light kind not creamy) is a classic get well soon dish as suggested above. Feed a cold, starve a fever as they say. Food not as important as Lemsip though 😉

Suggsey
    Free Member

And as it’s not been suggested MTFU! 😆

wilko1999
    Free Member

Boiled egg and soldiers 😀

RustySpanner

Houns – Member

Eat.

Nothing, fatty.

Make your mind up.

klumpy
    Free Member

I start with just coke, then move on to coke and digestives.

chewkw
    Free Member

Nothing oily coz you will puke.

Boiled eggs.

Soup.

Watery porridge.

Drink plenty of warm water.

Plenty of sleep.

😮

starrman82
    Free Member

+ 1 for Chicken soup, add chili flakes to clear the passages (nasal), Its the future.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Having the flu and eating. Or not’ is closed to new replies.