Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 74 total)
  • Having an argument on facebook about car parking and damage to cars!!
  • renton
    Free Member

On facebook one of my “friends” has been bragging about how they dragged a box of cornflakes down the side of a car as it was parked on the path and she seems happy that she has.

This is what she put ……….”Would like to say a huge sorry for the car I dragged my huge corn flake box along the side of….but if you want to park on the path with no consideration of pushchairs or any other pedestrian then hard poo!!! Cause it was either that or I risk walking my son in the road…obviously the corn flake box won xxxx”

Ive been trying to get her to see that yes although the car shouldnt be parked on the path etc it doesnt give her the right to deliberately damage someones car but she and the rest of her cronies seem to think they have done nothing wrong…….

“We shoved someone’s wing mirror in the other week to get our pushchair through and the glass fell out of it. Shame xx”

Am I the only one who thinks this is wrong ???

I just cant believe it really !!

br
    Free Member

If the car is parked so you can’t get her pushchair through on the pavement…, it might make the owner think twice before they do it again.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Wilful damage to property is wrong and two wrongs don’t make a right. I struggle to dredge up sympathy for people whose cars get damaged when they park like pillocks and take the cowardly stance of “I wouldn’t have done it but I’m not too sad that someone else has.” 🙂

Jamie
    Free Member

Having an argument on facebook about car parking and damage to cars!!

There will be no winners here…

glupton1976
    Free Member

Someone has lost at the internets.

unknown
    Free Member

How much damage can you do with a cereal box?

renton
    Free Member

It was more the wing mirror thing that got me !

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

How much damage can you do with a cereal box?

Might shred it

nealglover
    Free Member

It was more the wing mirror thing that got me !

It’s the sickening smugness on Facebook that gets me.

Horrible.

eggshellblonde
    Free Member

Careful- she has a cornflake box and she knows how to use it.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Facebook is full of mongs. Give up.

RichPenny
    Free Member

I faced this dilemma about 15 minutes ago, and her point of view is valid. If you actually understand what she’s saying, she’s faced with a choice of squeezing through a narrow gap on the pavement or using the road. I think she’s taken the right choice.

IanMunro
    Free Member

No time for cereal car vandals.

rob
    Free Member

I often fold in wing mirrors on cars that are blocking the path. No damage done but may encourage the driver to leave more room next time.

glupton1976
    Free Member

She sounds like a right tiger. She called Toni?

renton
    Free Member

Liking the gags!!

Its not about the cereal box as it could of been anything its the point they dont seem to have any morals on damaging other peoples property !

csb

Forget prams, it’s wheelchair users I feel sorry for. They really are stuffed if some idiot blocks the path.

Edric64
    Free Member

And blind people !

renton
    Free Member

Like I said I agree with it being a bit crap when people park on the path making it hard for pushchairs and prams and disabled scooters etc but to deliberately damage or attempt to damage someones else stuff is wrong in my opinion.

Or is it just the way Ive been raised??

TuckerUK
    Free Member

“We shoved someone’s wing mirror in the other week to get our pushchair through and the glass fell out of it. Shame xx”

Obviously a low value 1970s car then, no harm done. Door mirrors on the other hand…

Junkyard
    Free Member

we have all faced this problem [ and it is a pain with a pram] and you squeeze through getting annoyed.
    I have never deliberately damaged a vehicle for doing this – you would be there all day in some areas- and as DD notes two wrongs dont make a right.

Folk arguing on the internet about folk arguing on the internet …priceless 😉

eggshellblonde
    Free Member

Lol at the defenders of property.

“Just walk in the road you lazy b@tch…”

Stop parking like arrogant selfish barstewards, easy.

IanW
    Free Member

If you park on pavements you run the risk of upsetting people, personally I don’t blame them, even the cereal offenders.

Quite nice to know I’m not missing anything by not being on Facebook.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Heated mirrors?

nickjb
    Free Member

Was it deliberate damage? Just sounds like she didn’t go out of her way to avoid the car or keep her shopping off it. Should everyone shuffle along carrying their shopping at head height just to stop it rubbing?

samuri
    Free Member

You only need heated mirrors if it’s a bit Frostie

cruzcampo
    Free Member

I always park my car with two wheels on the kerb pavement, still ample room to get past, but otherwise i’ve had countless wing mirrors knocked off from passing cars. Everyone in the area does it on main roads.

stumpyjon

I wouldn’t deliberately damage a car in those circumstances, but if the pram was to accidently scratch it all the way down the side I wouldn’t lose any sleep.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Samuri, why didn’t I see that response coming!

*Shakes fist*

Grrrr!

Haze

I often carry a cereal box for those idiots that park in cycle lanes…

renton
    Free Member

Ive tried to say that to them all that I agree with it being a pain in the **** when cars park on the path etc but willful damage is out of order in my opinion….

They are just not getting my side though……….

If you ran over my child, a child who has to walk in the road because of a car parked on the path, as you were driving along on your way to work….who would you blame Steve . As often when cars are parked on the path you cant see the road properly…..is it a; my fault for not watching my child on the path…b; the owner of the car parked on the path or c; your fault for not being aware then when you see a car parked on the path there might be a family walking on the road to get past it?

aracer
    Free Member

I’m obviously missing the bit where your friend says she deliberately damaged the car. She doesn’t actually say that does she?

footflaps

I think you’d struggle to leave so much as a mark on a modern car with a cereal box….

yunki
    Free Member

I think you’d struggle to leave so much as a mark on a modern car with a cereal box….

Unless it’s a Zafira, in which case you’ll easily scrape off the cream cheese paintwork down to the primer 🙁

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

She doesn’t actually say that does she?

Hopefully she left a note if it was accidental. 🙂

chambord
    Free Member

I often carry a cereal box for those idiots that park in cycle lanes…

I find a variety pack box easier to keep in a camelbak

Edric64
    Free Member

Doesnt the cereal block the bite valve ?

boxelder

He’ll crunchies nut when sees the damage.

Give her a Frostie reception when you see her.

It is a major hassle with young kids having to walk them into a road to get around cars on pavements, and while the risk is small – when it’s your kids, any risk is significant.

Car drivers don’t pay pavement tax.

khani
    Free Member

Doesnt the cereal block the bite valve ?

Weetabix is ok if you suck hard enough once its gone mushy, Crunchy nut is a bastard though….

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 74 total)

The topic ‘Having an argument on facebook about car parking and damage to cars!!’ is closed to new replies.