Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Having a look at Mayhem 2009 pics and this made me smile…
  • jimbobrighton
    Free Member

One member of our group of teams hadn't been biking that much and asked for some instructions.

What a cracking event – can't wait for 2010!

Bigface0_0
    Free Member

HA HA, I wathced our mayhem DVD last night and that brought back all the memories!!! That was our first ever event we've done and what a event, I cant wait for next years, registration opens in Feb and I'll be there at the cottage with a fist full of cash and the filled in form 😀 😀 I cant wait.. I heard talk of a change in location???

jimbobrighton
    Free Member

Not this year – still at deer park as far as I'm aware. Started the recruitment campaign last night for this years event.

🙂

ctznsmith
    Free Member

I have a text in my phone that reads 'get a mtb and we can form a team' 🙂

How 'difficult' is the course?

Bigface0_0
    Free Member

Well, I thought that last year and everyone said 'Your be fine'…Forget that, its a killer (not trying to put you off) 2500ft of HARD climbs and strange mud.. if you think of riding over playdough that's what its like, soft, sticky, even in the dry!!! Get a load of mate's, a car full of tents/beer and its the best thing your ever do. Everyone is so friendly and the party atmosphere the night before the race is great, race day is something else. I didnt do the first lap but it look crazy bikes and people everywhere.. Do it you wont be sorry

jimbobrighton
    Free Member

bigface is right. riding isn't technical at all (except the slimy muddy bits) really it all depends on the weather. no rain = fast riding, tough climbs. Thimble full of rain=somme like conditions.

For most though, it's not about racing really, it's about getting round the best you can and the nice feeling of riding in a huge event! think 24 hour sportive on mountain bikes and you get close.

I love it, and I'm going back!

🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Having a look at Mayhem 2009 pics and this made me smile…’ is closed to new replies.