Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • having a joint fused…….anyone?
  • ton

been to see a surgeon today at chapel allerton in leeds.
    been having a load of trouble with my right ankle for a few years. huge growth of bone on the outside, causing my joint to gradually stop moving. thought he was gonna tell me it would be shaved off and that would be it…sorted.
    too easy that, turns out the lump is not causing any problem, it is damage inside which is the issue. told me i had a fracture that has not healed correctly, causing a load or arthritic stuff in the joint at the end of the tib/fib into the ankle joint, bones are being pushed away from where they should sit.
    anyhow, he is going to fuse my ankle joint. and hopefully the smaller bones in the front of the foot should loosen up a bit to bend a nd help walking in the future.

anyone had similar done?

MoreCashThanDash

Didn’t WCA have his ankle fused?

mrhoppy

No, but that is what has happened to my ankles naturally. It means I get really bad ankle pain if I’ve been stood for any length of time (like can barely stand type bad). I’m off to docs to get it looked at to see if I can do anything else.

iainc

On a lesser scale I had main joint in my big toe fused about 6 years ago. An old windsurfing injury that was very painful with arthritis. Overall a great success though a few nerve issues after a year or so which needed further surgery. Hardly notice it now, though can’t run and some yoga positions are challenging !

ton

i knew someone on here had got a joint fused.
    i will mail WCA and see how he is getting on.

iainc

ton – when I had my op, a lot came down to the experience of the surgeon – how many ops has he/she done, success rate etc. In my case success would be down to the angle the toe was set at, if correct then gait would be relatively unaffected as foot could roll when walking as normal. Worth some research..

jambalaya
    Free Member

WCA – World Class Accident. He has had both done from what I recall.

Best of luck ton

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘having a joint fused…….anyone?’ is closed to new replies.