Viewing 21 posts - 41 through 61 (of 61 total)
  • Having a great day at Laggan til this happened!!!
  • munrobiker
    Free Member

Evans were excellent when I did a Specialized warranty through them (Specialized, on the other hand, were tardy). Putting all armchair engineering aside I hope you get it sorted quickly- I see no reason why it wouldn’t be.

scotroutes

If Evans think the thing they sold you is at fault then isn’t it their responsibility to see you right and to seek compensation / support from their supplier? No reason for them to delay on sorting you out.

Big-Bud
    Free Member

Thats unacceptable .
    I work for the oft and you have more right in the first 30 days than ever so push them hard now.
    Legally you are entitled to a full rep or refund as it is down to them to prove its not faulty ie crashed etc…….do not let them drag there heels and your covered by evans not norco so do not accept that time scale.

Only after tour warranty has expired is It then Down to norco.
    You want my advice.
    Go to the store speak with the store manger and ask for a full refund .do not leave that store without it.

groundskeeperwilly
    Free Member

They still have these bikes in stock don’t they? If so I’d have expected you to be given a new one or a frame from one of them?

Isn’t it up to Evans to sort you out as first priority and then follow up warranty with Norco on their own time?

teacake
    Free Member

What was it about Laggan last weekend? My wife also damaged her week old Cotic Solaris by a silly crash on a very pointy rock on the Lower Red.

Argh!!!

(It’s for sale in the For Sale forum if anyone is interested.)

amedias
    Free Member

What was it about Laggan last weekend? My wife also damaged her week old Cotic Solaris by a silly crash on a very pointy rock on the Lower Red.

In saw that in the FS, sad faces all round to you and OP.

Go back OP, and politely but firmly request either a replacement or a refund, do not leave without one or the other.

hopefiendboy

I’d ask for it to be resolved sonner than 4-6 weeks, especially as its so new.

Good luck!

WayneKing
    Free Member

Note to self… Don’t buy a Norco or a bike from Evans.

alandavidpetrie79
    Free Member

???UPDATE???

Got a phone call from Evans today.

It’s definitely a warranty job.

They have offered me their very last full bike as a replacement.

As much as I’d like to accept it, I feel I’ve kinda lost faith in the frame & the fact they have changed the carbon layup on the 2016 version makes me want to hold out for that.

So many unknowns atm tho:

Would they give me a 2016 bike for the same price?

When are they likely to get the new stock?

Most importantly, is the new one gonna be Orange???

andylc
    Free Member

They have a lifetime warranty so can’t see why you shouldn’t get the replacement. I have a Range from the same year which I have spent since January riding as hard and fast as I can without any issues. I don’t think frame failures in this place are a common issue.

munrobiker
    Free Member

I think you have got an exceptional frame, I’d take the 2015 one. If that breaks then ask for a 2016 frame but it’s very unlikely that it’ll go again.

RamseyNeil
    Free Member

Isn’t it up to Evans to sort you out as first priority and then follow up warranty with Norco on their own time?

POSTED 6 DAYS AGO # REPORT-POST

That would be nice but from Evans perspective what would happen if they issued a new frame or bike and then Norco said it wasn’t warranty .
    Anyhow it all seems sorted now .

alandavidpetrie79
    Free Member

I think you have got an exceptional frame

Exactly what I thought, until I started this thread & this was posted:

droppinneutron – Member

Exactly where my mates one broke a couple of weeks ago…

POSTED 1 WEEK AGO # REPORT-POST

Northwind

What other industries do people accept such long turnarounds for replacements of expensive things? I used to think RMA processes on PC parts were annoyingly long when they took several days. It’s reasonable to have an assessment but not reasonable for it to take more than transit time + about 1 day.

If the bike industry started selling cars, and the door fell off your car on day one, you’d end up buying a second car while you were waiting for the warranty decision and when the car came back the door’d be a different colour.

Junkyard
    Free Member

I agree with NW
    One day or thereabouts to decide when it arrives. Surely their warranty dept is not that busy and it canno tbe that hard to decide with a few week old frame.

psycorp
    Free Member

What other industries do people accept such long turnarounds for replacements of expensive things? I used to think RMA processes on PC parts were annoyingly long when they took several days. It’s reasonable to have an assessment but not reasonable for it to take more than transit time + about 1 day.

If the bike industry started selling cars, and the door fell off your car on day one, you’d end up buying a second car while you were waiting for the warranty decision and when the car came back the door’d be a different colour.

Couldn’t agree more.

Now 4 weeks without my frame and still waiting on a response. The retailer keeps telling me the manufacturer are “golden” when it come to warranties. They may well be but I don’t think the service is.

matt_outandabout

I think you have got an exceptional frame, I’d take the 2015 one. If that breaks then ask for a 2016 frame but it’s very unlikely that it’ll go again.

^munrobiker has it spot on.

andylc
    Free Member

You’ll have a good deal longer wait if you decide you want a 2016 one!! Just because they are changing the carbon layup doesn’t mean the current bike isn’t good. Every manufacturer changes something with each new model, and they would like is to think it’s a major change to persuade us to buy the new one! Norco sell loads of bikes in Canada where I would guess most of the time they get ridden harder than in the UK.

cb

I would guess a full replacement is the most that you can expect and you won’t be losing anything if it breaks again with that kind of warranty. Sounds like you’ve got your beady little eye on something even shinier…

You can ask – they can say no! I’d take the replacement and get riding again especially as you were hinting that the 4-6 weeks was an inconvenience a few posts ago!

alandavidpetrie79
    Free Member

???UPDATE 2???

Norco have agreed to give me a 2016 frame as a replacement! ?

Pity it’s not orange.

But Hope have just announced they are to add orange bits to there lineup….

NOTE:

They have added a mech / chain guide mount exactly where mine broke…..

dmorts

POSTED 6 DAYS AGO # REPORT-POST

That would be nice but from Evans perspective what would happen if they issued a new frame or bike and then Norco said it wasn’t warranty .
    Anyhow it all seems sorted now .[/quote]

Ramsey Neil, have a read of this about the Sale of Goods act. Norco have come through on this but actually Evans are liable in the first instance. The fault occurred within 4 weeks therefore the OP could have rejected the bike and been entitled to a refund from Evans and had nothing to do with Norco.

what would happen if they issued a new frame or bike and then Norco said it wasn’t warranty .

That’s a risk the retailer has to take, day to day of being in business.

Viewing 21 posts - 41 through 61 (of 61 total)

The topic ‘Having a great day at Laggan til this happened!!!’ is closed to new replies.