Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • having a disaster of a day ….. this might cheer you up.
  • trail_rat
    Free Member

(if you havnt seen it already)

so far today my fiancee drove off to work with my wallet/office door card ,my new very expensive glasses that are a week old fell apart & i had to drive to work. its been a bad 3 hours since i got up.

this cheered me up. Although maybe thats only because i was down there last month.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2441993/Oil-workers-create-hilariously-elaborate-video-performing-Totos-80s-hit-Africa.html

Drac

Dail Vial free version.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EGheV059UBA[/video]

zokes
    Free Member

Nice

BobaFatt
    Free Member

I must be made of stone 😕

surfer
    Free Member

Brilliant 😀

Drac

Nah Boba did nothing for me either. Left me as cold as the fish they were going to prepare frozen.

wrightyson
    Free Member

Yup happy now! But got to go back to Bastid work now 👿

jockthestore
    Free Member

As that’s my work environment, I can totally get it. It shows the comradery you have and living in a place with limited resources. When you are stuck on a ship, people entertain themselves in ways most don’t nowadays as in normal society we are surrounded by 24/7 technology and entertainment. Hope Subsea7 see it and use it as a recruitment video.

Drac

Hope Subsea7 see it and use it as a recruitment video.

Jock earlier.

winston_dog
    Free Member

living in a place with limited resources.

Are you kidding me? That is a modern DP2 ROV Construction vessel. 74 berths, A/C, no doubt good food and internet access.

It’s hardly slumming it for 4 weeks is it?

Vessel specs

trail_rat
    Free Member

sorry got this teeshirt – it doesnt matter how “luxary” it is … your still limited to what you can do while you are there. transocean barents off norway is like a 4 star hotel with private rooms etc but its still not a nice place to be.

Having a good relationship with your co workers is essential.

jock – im using it as a recruitment tool in my office to bring engineers to ops 😉

also im just back from a ship and a semi sub rig down in that neck of the woods , i wouldnt be so sure it has much decent internet outwith operational capacity for Recreation.

Pigface
    Free Member

How do you get to be a operator of a ROV?

hammyuk
    Free Member

Pigface – Member
    How do you get to be a operator of a ROV?

Hard work, a lot of qualifications and above all – the right time/eight place/knowing the right people…..

shermer75
    Free Member

That was great. Cheered me right up!

dickydutch

Winston Dog – Him of MPI Adventure Fame?
    Grumpiest Warranty Surveyor the offshore world has ever seen?! 😉
    Where you working now?

winston_dog
    Free Member

sorry got this teeshirt – it doesnt matter how “luxary” it is … your still limited to what you can do while you are there. transocean barents off norway is like a 4 star hotel with private rooms etc but its still not a nice place to be

The point I was making was, as offshore environments go that Bourbon boat is not bad by any means.

If you can’t accept or deal with 4 weeks on there, with the prospect of 4 weeks off and also the chance to get a 100% tax refund at the end of the year, then what can you deal with?

Pigface
    Free Member

So where would one go to get a qualification to operate a R.O.V? I get the hard work bit do you need Phd’s etc ctc. Same for the huge cranes how do you get to drive one of those?

Just curious but have a mate whose son is pretty rudderless, smart but rudderless.

Ah Google is your friend, I guess he is going to remain rudderless 😕

trail_rat
    Free Member

true true.

4 weeks in turkmenstan on a table with no rec or comms in the caspian set me up with low expectations but ive watched many a man crumble under less.

on the plus side – ive been to town and collected my wallet and the opticians rejigged my specs there and then so i can see again 😀

rogerthecat
    Free Member

Thanks Trail Rat – that cheered me up during my VAT quarter misery. 😀
    No deep meaning just a bit of good fun, there are some real joy sinks in today!

jockthestore
    Free Member

If you think 4 weeks in the north sea with Internet & TV is tough, you should try 4 months in the south atlantic with no TV OR internet, going into port once every 6 weeks for 2 days max… Makes 4 weeks north sea a doddle!

winston_dog
    Free Member

4 months in the south atlantic with no TV OR internet, going into port once every 6 weeks for 2 days max

Now that is a trip to complain about! Sounds absolutely awful!

dickydutch – If I remember correctly there was a lot of wingeing going on from your team after about 2 days offshore!
    Left that Marine Warranty nonsense behind and went back to salvage, that job finished me off with all the crap going on!

footflaps

That’s a cool video.

Wife will like it, she walked down the aisle to Africa played by a Jazz guitarist…

fivespot
    Free Member

9 hours into a crap so far 12 hr shift, great tonic thanx 🙂

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘having a disaster of a day ….. this might cheer you up.’ is closed to new replies.