Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Have you sent your jacket away for reproofing?
  • zippykona

Having killed one jacket after following the instructions is there anyone I can send my good jacket to that’s got more sense than me?

MisterT

Send it to me. I’ll reproof it and then I’ll use it for years and years.

How did you kill the last one?

cynic-al
    Free Member

zippykona – Member
    Having killed one jacket after following the instructions

Warranty?

zippykona

I used nik wax on my altura night vision jacket and all the white proofing stuff came off.

daver27
    Free Member

white proofing stuff?? the proofing (DWR coating) is invisible…
    Do you mean the stuff inside the jacket lining? sort of rubbery? thats just Altura night visions, they all do that after a very short time i’ve found, nothing to do with the re-proofing process.

MisterT

Personally I gave up on cheaper jackets as they simply don’t last. And it reinforced my philosophy of buying great stuff once and then loving it forever.

Buy a high quality eVent jacket and enjoy it (I bought a Gill one what must be 8 years ago now, and reproof it annually… It’s ace)

cliffyc
    Free Member

If it’s an expensive jacket send to Lancashire Sports Repairs,in Burnley(01282 439109). It’s around £30 for a full re-proof. For a DIY job try Nikwax Tech Wash followed by TX-Direct Spray to replace the DWR coating. You can get Nikwax TX-Direct Wash-In but it covers lining also,so a bit overkill. You probably know not to use regular washing detergent as it spoils the DWR finish?. Hope info is of use.

spacemonkey

I’m forcing myself to get into the routine of regularly, eg quarterly, chucking my gear in the washing machine with some Tech Wash etc.

Like MisterT says, when you invest in some pretty expensive kit you really need to look after it. SOW, I realised when walking the dog in the rain yesterday morning that I was wearing £800 of gear 😯

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Have you sent your jacket away for reproofing?’ is closed to new replies.