Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Have you seen the weather forecast?
  • asbrooks

If this is right we could be in for some interesting riding this winter.. Well I like riding in the snow..

null

dunmail
    Free Member

This is the Daily Express – they “forecast” the same thing last year. I was fortunate in that I’d bought myself a snowblower and 20 tonnes of road salt otherwise I don’t know how I would have got out of the drive 🙄

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2013/11/17/daily-express-worst-winter-in-100-years_n_4291699.html

http://www.theguardian.com/environment/georgemonbiot/2012/jun/15/daily-express-weather-forecast-jonathan-powell

trail_rat
    Free Member

thats not a weather forecast its an attention grabbing headline.

steezysix
    Free Member

Buy a fatbike, you’ll be fine.

ormondroyd
    Free Member

That’s not the weather forecast. It’s just weather day on the front of the Express.

Tomorrow Maddy
    The next day immigrants
    The day after, pensions
    Then immigrants again
    Then Di
    Then immigrants again
    Then Maddy again
    Then back to weather

GavinB

Which weather forecast?

Liam Dutton has already been ridiculing that one on Twitter,

Silly weather story season has started in some tabloid newspapers. Same garbage, different year.

tomkerton
    Free Member

It is impossible to accurately forecast weather beyond 5 days. The headline is reporting one computer model reault amongst thousands of possible outcomes. Remember ‘the barbecue summer’ a few years ago.

allthepies
    Free Member

The resulting weak jet stream, which usually holds the cold at bay over the North Pole, will give way to a blast of freezing air which will sweep across the UK.

Experts expect this by the middle of November with snowstorms and numbing Arctic gales set to wreak havoc at airports and on the country’s transport systems.

So in a couple of weeks we’ll be in a SNOWCOPALYPSE ! Ballsy call 🙂

Stoner
    Free Member

Like Saintly Vince Cable, who successfully predicted 18 of the last two recessions, if they pitch the snowpocalypse/pensioner-melting-heatwave enough times, one day they might be right when the end of long tail comes around.

ahwiles
    Free Member

the daily express is aimed at stupid scared people, stop reading it for anything other than entertainment.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Have you seen the weather forecast?’ is closed to new replies.