Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Have you seen the latest from Dealextreme?
  • mavisto
    Free Member

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1400 lumens, three LED's.

Jamie
    Free Member

Time to take down some airplanes….

radoggair
    Free Member

Runtime: 250 hours at low mode (manufacturer rated)

thats amazing – 250 hours. you can leave it on for 10 days solid

Although a misprint, i'll wait till august/sept before buying new ones. Prob be upto 1800 lumens by then

Everlong
    Free Member

wow!!

I need me one!

I bought the helmet torch and it is fantastic!

Padowan
    Free Member

Saw that a while back. It's still fugly as hell and hasn't improved with age! Would rather get 2 of their 'normal' P7 bastid lights.

Everlong
    Free Member

Padowan wrote:

It's still fugly as hell and hasn't improved with age!

Hehe, very true but you won't see it in the dark really.

fbk
    Free Member

I've seen the latest from my Dealextreme order – a Credit Card dispute for items not received after 4 months 🙁

mavisto
    Free Member

Definitely very fugly, but once again, how do they manage to do it for the price? I know the quality will be questionable, but as many of the home made light builders say, the parts would cost more.

soma_rich
    Free Member

Oooh now thats tempting!

soma_rich
    Free Member

Is this new too? perfect for helmet mounting?

tiger_roach
    Free Member

Don't care how it looks but would like to know how long it lasted at full brightness.

mavisto
    Free Member

soma_rich – Member

Is this new too? perfect for helmet mounting?

No, been available for a while. I think they do just the helmet mount if you have the other light.

poppa
    Free Member

Looks a bit Mickey Mouse to me.

Harry_the_Spider

If you need that much light why not just go out during the day? 😉

mavisto
    Free Member

poppa – Member

Looks a bit Mickey Mouse to me

And Pluto and Goofy. A bit Donald Duck'd too!

But 1400 lumens for £80.

Luminous
    Free Member

how do they manage to do it for the price? I know the quality will be questionable, but as many of the home made light builders say, the parts would cost more.

Cost of manuf is affected by several factors, some of which are that these lights will be produced in large quantities, from a factory employing very cheap labour. In a country that has a very different corporate taxation strategy, and then finally, China is dragging its heels on revaluing its currency, etc, etc.

I can't post for other well known UK made lights, but ime, the components I buy are pretty much at a retail price, which has a huge effect on the overall cost of a light. That and the fact that in my case, component specs are quite high.

Its the component retailers who make out of people who make handmade lights.

Parts alone, for a good light, may cost around £200. Thats just to get them to your front door.

Trout once posted a cost break-down for one of his lights. A list of parts and their cost. For those who don't realise, it was a good "eye-opener".

Luminous.

Gary_M
    Free Member

If you need that much light why not just go out during the day?

Thats a really stupid statement, have a think about it. Not everyone rides at night cause they think it's cool maaaan, lots of people do it because it means they can still get big miles in right through winter. If I didn't ride at night in winter then I'd only get out at the weekends.

Anyway it's probably a fantastic light for very little money. If I didn't have a troutlight then I'd serioulsy consider it.

Junkyard
    Free Member

GaryM I think you missed his point did the wink not help you realise the tongue in cheek nature of the comment?
    I kinda of agree there is a lumens point above which it is not really nighttime any longer and some of the fun is gone. I stay below 1000 lumens and usually ride at about 400-500.

ruminant
    Free Member

strap one of those to your bike, suddenly your an extra from quadrophenia. wheres the mirror section?

iain1775
    Free Member

but will it melt my carbon bars before or after dissolving my retinas?

Gary_M
    Free Member

GaryM I think you missed his point did the wink not help you realise the tongue in cheek nature of the comment?

Smiley's don't show on my laptop in the office.

Luminous
    Free Member

strap one of those to your bike, suddenly your an extra from quadrophenia. wheres the mirror section?

Excellent !

😆

TheBrick
    Free Member

agreed Luminous, I made my first bike light this year and financially it was not worth it, but I like to fettle.

coffeeking
    Free Member

Its light enough to ride without lights until 10:30 here at the moment and will be right through til late summer. I love summer.

Harry_the_Spider

Gary_M – Member

Smiley's don't show on my laptop in the office.

I was taking the piss. [smiley]

You wouldn't want to go over the bars with that DX array. It would take your nuts off. 😯 [another smiley]

titusrider
    Free Member

looks just what im after for when winter comes calling again – might be out of date by then though!!

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Unless its over a really wide area, whats the point? Those huge 12.5W smart lamps were big enough (arround 300lumen ish?). Anything brighter and your pupils just start to close up. So surely unless the lenses are getting ridiculously wide angles, is there really any need?

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘Have you seen the latest from Dealextreme?’ is closed to new replies.