Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Have you seen Nick Clegg's house!
  • gobuchul
    Free Member

Now I realise that there is a lot of wealthy and privileged people in the current Cabinet, however, if you ever ever need a reminder as to how wealthy, look at the Deputy PM’s house.

rene59
    Free Member

Don’t think it’s his. He just stays there, comes with the job

Philby

It’s a Government owned property which is shared with the Foreign Secretary so he doesn’t own it and can only use whilst he is Deputy PM.

peterfile
    Free Member

Jeez, I always though he was middle class? His wife’s only a lawyer and he can’t exactly be pulling much wedge as politician??

EDIT: ahh, now seen comments above

1-shed
    Free Member

He has bought an ugly house and the lazy sod needs to open the curtains.

gobuchul
    Free Member

Don’t think it’s his. He just stays there, comes with the job

Fair enough, I feel slightly better now.

So that’s why Prescott stayed in the job so long. Nice perk.

Frankenstein
    Free Member

A CEO friend had a mini mansion – paid by the company we worked for.

The snooker hall/room was Loverly.

Someone lend me a quid… x 1000000 peeps.

sweepy
    Free Member

Apparently we’re ‘all in it together’ so I’ll have the room on the left hand end of the top floor.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

So that’s why Prescott stayed in the job so long. Nice perk.

Nope, John Prescott never had use of it. The previous occupier was David Miliband.

gobuchul
    Free Member

Nope, John Prescott never had use of it. The previous occupier was David Miliband.

Ernie – Why not? If it comes with the job?

huckleberryfatt
    Free Member

It’s almost like some of us are all in this together more than others 🙄
    I hope his plumbing backs up

ninfan
    Free Member

I thought it was just a timeshare (ie. its actually the official residence of the Foreign secretary)

IIRC, it was left to the nation in perpetuity under the condition that it was for the use of a cabinet minister or royal – I’m sure that the family would be happy to have it given back to them if you didn’t think that was appropriate any more?

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

gobuchul – Member

Ernie – Why not? If it comes with the job?

Why not what ?

Why not say that John Prescott used Chevening House even if he didn’t ?

EDIT : Sorry, I’ve just realised what you probably mean – why didn’t John Prescott get the use of Chevening House. It wasn’t clear.

Dunno, it doesn’t come with the job of Deputy PM, it’s up the PM who uses it. IIRC the position of Deputy PM was created specifically for Prescott, to give him a fancy title. That idea has carried on for the benefit of Clegg.

Prescott had the use of Dorneywood, a very nice country house. But he blew it by using it to shag his sectary, or someone, and got photographed playing croquet there while claiming to be salt of the earth working-class. So he had to give it up.

rureadyboots
    Free Member

peterfile – Member

Jeez, I always though he was middle class? His wife’s only a lawyer and he can’t exactly be pulling much wedge as politician??

Most naive comment on the forum ever goes to peterfile

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Have you seen Nick Clegg's house!’ is closed to new replies.