Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • Have you purchased a brand new Transition frame?
  • crotchrocket
    Free Member

If so, what came in the box (other than the frame)?

Stevelol
    Free Member

I bought a new 2012 Covert. Not much came, I got some touch up paint and some cable guides I think. I’m not sure what else to expect?

kimbers

spending money adders?

crotchrocket
    Free Member

Perhaps…. Check your inbox :*

grahamt1980

Shame you ordered the wrong headset. Good job I had too as that fit your one.
    Kimbers – am wondering if he will crash this one as much considering it’s carbon.

daveh
    Free Member

Er, let me think, touch up paint, a manual (of sorts, A5 size, said thanks for buying, here’s how you route the cables, these are the bearing sizes, this is the warranty info), a Fox shock, dropouts, axle and seatclamp were attached. Think that’s it.

Why?

kimbers

oh ffs will i be the only person not rocking a carbon bike on sunday?

jambalaya
    Free Member

2011 Covert frame with shock, I don’t know as the bike shop took delivery and built it up. I don’t have a manual (frankly what would it say and surely I can find what I’d need on the internet or by asking the company) or any touch up paint.

grahamt1980

Quit your whinging, with your size of wheels the trails will be more alive for you

JefWachowchow
    Free Member

2012 Covert.

Frame, shock, touch up paint, manual.

Sabrezx
    Free Member

Covert 29 last week, same things as Daveh in the box.

tops5
    Free Member

2011 Covert from Noah’s Ark – nothing besides frame/shock. I rang up and queried but was told that’s all you get

tops5
    Free Member

2011 Covert from Noah’s Ark – nothing besides frame/shock. I rang up and queried but was told that’s all you get

Crag
    Free Member

2013 Covert bought last week. Shock, touch up paint and a few cable guides. And a bit of card showing you the cable routing. Dropouts and rear axle already attached as was seat clamp.
    What else you after?

fatgit
    Free Member

Hi
    Bought mine second hand and didn’t get the cable guiding guide.
    Any chance anyone can email me a copy?
    Or tell me where I can get one cos my cables are slightly iffy I think
    Email in profile
    Cheers
    Steve

johnnyboy666
    Free Member

I bought 2014 Covert in yellow just before Xmas and the shop had fitted a CCDB air and headset for me prior to posting. I got the manual but that was it. No touch up paint or cable guides. Should I have received them?

John

daveh
    Free Member

Fatgit – which model?

Johnnyboy666 – I shouldn’t worry about the touch up paint, it’s proper spray paint, very thin and unless you do all the under layers correctly, a completely different colour to the finished frame!

fatgit
    Free Member

Daveh
    Never thought it would be different for each model-durrr!!
    Got a 2012 Bandit 29er
    Cheers
    Steve

matther01
    Free Member

Frame, shock, axle, guides, shock manual, paint, instructions, stickers…and disapproving looks from the wife 😉

daveh
    Free Member

I guess it’ll be the same (Bandit 26):

crotchrocket
    Free Member

2013 covert CF 26.
    No paint, or stickers and an apparent “piss off” from tweeks when asked where they were. They tell me paint and shock pumps aren’t shipped with frames any more. Sounds like a little black marketeering going on to me.

A little miffed considering the spend on a “premium” frame.

matther01
    Free Member

Defo no shock pump…and wouldn’t expect one (although one did come with my Ex8 which was nice…and sag meters)

fatgit
    Free Member

Daveh-cheers for that
    Steve

meames
    Free Member

Crotchrocket

I spoke to Surf Sales before responding to your enquiry, they told me no paint in included with the current range of frames (though it has been in the past)

Shock pump’s are typically not included (certainly for the brands we sell, though I can’t comment on everyone of course) and I checked with the guys who packaged the frame for shipping and they confirmed you received everything in the box that we had when it came in from transition.

We’re a reputable company who have been operating for over 50 years, what benefit can we get in keeping a tiny bottle of paint (specific to a frame we no longer have) back to do some ‘black marketeering’?

Indeed if the paint had been included we would have used it to touch up the little chip on the linkage (which was advertised and resulted in the frame having a 30% discount against RRP)

Matt @ Tweeks

richen987
    Free Member

I received a 2014 27.5 Bandit from Kustom Bikes, there were stickers,zip ties, cable guides, clips and touch up paint was also included, warranty card and manuals, axles etc.

sounds like it is luck of the draw as to what you get.

outspoken
    Free Member

2014 Covert 27.5 from Kustom bikes – Same as above

crotchrocket
    Free Member

Apologies to Matt > I have implied unfairly that tweeks took the extras -, I was attempting humour. This was wrong and I understand that now. Although it is odd that 2014 bikes are getting paint in the box.

Fwiw, Matt was perfectly nice and very tolerant of my demanding nature.
    I now accept that I shouldn’t have high expectations or expect to get what other people get.
    Life isn’t fair.

I will add that transition USA have offered to send me some paint. I have zip ties, already. Stickers would have been nice tho :/

Readers: draw your own conclusions

daveh
    Free Member

Ah yes, cable guides, I was thinking bolt on types, but the ‘c’ clip over your hose to the guide on the frame were included. And stickers now I come to think of it.

bigbloke
    Free Member

That’s weird mine came with an extra layer of paint and cup holders….

matther01
    Free Member

Crotchet – you can have my stickers if you’re really desperate

transition1
    Free Member

All new Transitions usually come with paint, C clips for cables A5 Manual as shown in daveh photo of one & stickers. Although i don’t open every box that comes in from Transition!!

Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)

The topic ‘Have you purchased a brand new Transition frame?’ is closed to new replies.