Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Have you not bought a bike/frame because of the colour?
  • Jamie
    Free Member

There is a bike you like, but it’s a pretty insipid colour…note, not garish or owt, just an easy-listening-jazz-like level of blandness.

Would this put you off?

On the plus side it seems to be going for about 5-10% less than the more popular colour scheme.

notmyrealname
    Free Member

No, the opposite.

I bought my bike despite hating the colour scheme. I think it looks awful in the colour scheme I have but I love the way it rides.

chakaping
    Free Member

Might have bought an Orange Alpine a while ago except they came in purple as standard and I remember the ’90s too well still.

I am currently sorely tempted to buy a bike because of the colour after seeing one at the Mega and falling in love with it.

tenfoot

Guilty as charged.

In 98 I paid extra for a Spesh Ground Control FSR Comp (bright orange) as the standard GC FSR was a metallic royal blue, which I didn’t like.

Happily it came with better kit :mrgreen:

Rorschach
    Free Member

Better reason than wheel size I guess 🙄

Junkyard
    Free Member

thread needs pictures – possibly animated 😉

I hate the bright garish colours of late and prefer a plain colour tbh

That said I dont really care that much how much it looks like if the price is a massive discount 10 % is not enough for me tbh

FWIW i refuse to own a white coloured bike, or component, as they are just wrong

roverpig

Yep. Based on the numbers and the reviews I reckon a Whyte T129 could be my ideal bike. But I won’t buy another grey bike. So, instead I’m waiting for Orange to update the Gyro in the hope that the geometry gets a bit closer to the Whyte. It may sound mad to some people, but I ain’t spending that sort of cash on anything that I don’t like the look of.

oxym0r0n

😳

leec247
    Free Member

I purposely bought my 5 cause it was bright pink!!! Why have a boring colour when u can stand out from the crowd

parkesie
    Free Member

I bought the alloy version of my bike over the carbon version for amongst other things the carbo one was gopping.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Jamie
    Free Member

thread needs pictures –

– possibly animated

I purposely bought my 5 cause it was bright pink!!! Why have a boring colour when u can stand out from the crowd

If you re-read my original post, that was more or less what I was saying.

Duane…
    Free Member

Yeah, I hate bright/garish bikes 😛

(I was only using it for the week, but my own bike is hardly better..)

z1ppy

roverpig – Member
    Yep. Based on the numbers and the reviews I reckon a Whyte T129 could be my ideal bike. But I won’t buy another grey bike. So, instead I’m waiting for Orange to update the Gyro in the hope that the geometry gets a bit closer to the Whyte.

Shirely my dear, couldn’t you buy the whyte, get it powder coated and still have spent less than buying a Gyro & actually get the frame with the geometry you want? 😉

Dibbs
    Free Member

FWIW i refuse to own a white coloured bike, or component, as they are just wrong

I clean my bikes after every ride (I know they get dirty as soon as I start the next ride) my white bike are by far the easiest to clean, the black ones look clean while wet but then show all the dirty bits I missed when they’re dry and I’m about to put them away. 😕

nigelb001
    Free Member

I like insipid bikes, nothing too garish for me!!

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Have you not bought a bike/frame because of the colour?’ is closed to new replies.