Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Have you got / ridden a 2011 or 2012 Fox 32 TALAS FIT fork?
  • slowboydickie

If so how does it ride? Are you pleased with it? I read somewhere there suffer from stiction and are significantly less plush than, say, a Float?

Also I read somewhere the 2012 has a different spring rate for each travel setting (150 or 120) whereas the 2011 uses the same spring rate. Make sense to anyone?

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated, especially on the ride quality.

And finally, anyone got a 2012 to sell and wants to part company or swap for a Float 150 then let me know on slowboydickie AT gmail DOT com

Cheers
    Dickie

slowboydickie

Anyone?

growmac

I have a TF Tuned serviced Float RLC 100 from 2004, and a 2011 Talas 32 150 RL FIT.

You’re absolutely right, I think the Talas has significantly less small bump sensitivity. It’s not that it is particularly jarring, or poor, it certainly doesn’t feel like it’s sticking, but it never has the buttery smoothness of the old Float.

Obviously it’s hard to be sure how much it the 50% extra travel and how much the innards, but It handles high speed big hits so much better though. PLaying in the Dolomites this summer we were mid pack with guys on 180 mm bikes, and it only really got out of its depth once on some very high speed, very big braking bumps. Other than that it was impeccable. On balance, given the adjustability is useful for climbing, I’d recommend it.

incidentally I’m sure the manual says that the spring rate is adjusted for travel, and to set it up at 150 as it automatically adjusts both sag and rate when down to 120. Worth checking though.

mrlebowski
    Free Member

I have a TALAS FIT 140 ’11 – seems fine.

slowboydickie

Thanks for the feedback, very helpful.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Have you got / ridden a 2011 or 2012 Fox 32 TALAS FIT fork?’ is closed to new replies.