Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 144 total)
  • Have you ever upset anyone Famous?
  • tomhoward

And frankly he was no better at picking the right lane to be in than he was picking the right team.

Bazinga!

langylad
    Free Member

Busydog, not your fault so no points. However Burton and Taylor!! Flippin eck

NZCol

The most embarassing part was i was at a function probably 5 years later with a friend who was/is in ‘the business’ and we bumped into him. He did that slitty eyed ‘i fckn know you’ kind of thing so i hilariously pointed out that i puched him at Universal studios, he took it well and we did kiss and make up. He is a prize A ****t though.

busydog
    Free Member

not your fault so no points

Just being able to sit 3 feet away from Elizabeth Taylor and actually converse was, at the time, tantamount to scoring all the points I thought possible in life.

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

Got out of the car and kicked off with Jimmy Savile in Glencoe village. He’d parked his campervan totally blocking any access to our driveway. We guessed who’s van it was (well known in Glencoe and him having a house near there) and I waited for him in the car whilst the others walked to the house. It was years before all the accusations, but I’d always considered him a self publicising tit anyways. I felt a bit childish at the time, sitting for 15 mins or so waiting for him, but now since very happy with my small rant at a fiddler.

langylad
    Free Member

MacC, I shall gently giggle into the early hours at that one, wonderful stuff. Could well have been the nail in the coffin for Frank.
    Busy, still no more points but I am rather jealous. Was this around the time of The Comedians?

busydog
    Free Member

Was this around the time of The Comedians?

It would have been as I worked for TWA from late 1966 through most of 1968 and I think The Comedians came out in 1967.

brokenbanjo

Was at a Godskitchen night with an ex way back in early Noughties, for my sins, at Leeds Town Hall. There had been some horrendous hard house on in one room, not my cup of tea, and I was utterly miserable at the sound of it. So we wandered off and had fun convincing some bolloxed ne’er-do-wells that badgers don’t exist.

We leave that room and this woman approaches me asking what I thought of the DJ set previous in the hard house room. Without taking a breath I said it was aural diarrhoea, absolutely terrible and that the mixing was horrendous. My ex grabs me, apologises to the mortified woman and drags me away. At the bottom of the stairs she says that was her favourite DJ, Lisa Lashes and the reason we had come to the night and her set I had just commented on. To this day I refuse apologise for my actions.

ir_bandito
    Free Member

I’ve been upset by Martin Shaw.

In a jewellers in Cambridge, some years ago, I was wanting to look at potential engagement rings, but all the shop-staff were fawning over him and the girl who was with him. Pissed me right off.

Mantastic
    Free Member

Think I have upset some big hitters on here

langylad
    Free Member

Are you sure you weren’t an extra in the airport scene? 🙂

langylad
    Free Member

Still, Burton, Harris and O’Toole were screen legends the like we will never see again, and you spent a couple of hours with one of them!

busydog
    Free Member

Are you sure you weren’t an extra in the airport scene?

You should have seen the difficulty n keeping all the other TWA people from the ticket counter away from my lost baggage office—everybody suddenly seemed to find some reason to stop in. Worse than a bunch of dogs in heat falling over each other—kind of embarrassing actually.

busydog
    Free Member

screen legends the like we will never see again

You have that right—larger than life

juanking

Tom Baker to me to f off in the Racing Page in Richmond and had a small set to do with Mike Gatting who was being overly familiar with a then girlfriend. He took exception when asked how much coke he’d done to have such a mangled nose.

ski
    Free Member

Beefy, Ian Botham tried to punch me once, he missed, just as well, as he is a big bloke close up 😉

My first paid photographic job with a well known newspaper and last 😉

langylad
    Free Member

JK, obviously not long after Gatting’s Windies tour.

donks
    Free Member

During Euro 96 at gatwick airport watching England destroy Scotland… Our finest hour.
    Olly Reed was sitting at the bar next to me keeping him self to him self and I may have got carried away when gazza bagged the second and started getting all chatty…. He told me to piss off and promptly moved round the other side of the bar.

JulianA
    Free Member

@langylad – on here. 😕

/hairshirt

jivehoneyjive
    Free Member

No, never 😀

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

Also, my mate made a very famous boxer, his next door neighbour, clean up his dog’s sh!t (it had wandered in and dumped in my mates garden). He still talks about it triumphantly.

convert

I will be recommending a very famous person’s son is not accepted back to complete his A levels next year. He is famous for being very bloody obnoxious at the best of times. I am anticipating some quality procrastination all afternoon to put off the call!

langylad
    Free Member

JuilianA, I shamelessly but half heartedly tried to find the thread but couldn’t. Any clues?

cb

Not me but a mate who pis*ed James Hetfield off – asking for an autograph at the Marquee when he was busy entertaining Lars with his “see how long I can keep this pint on my head” demonstration. Quite a while it seems…

langylad
    Free Member

Convert, give us some initials, names needn’t be used

convert

Don’t think I can – more than my job’s worth, literally!

langylad
    Free Member

Convert, social media, can be a dangerous thing. No worries

Northwind

I inadvertantly enraged the drummer from Feeder. That was quite funny but he killed himself about a week later. I don’t think it was entirely because of me…

wysiwyg
    Free Member

Speaking of Lisa Lashes I had to help carry her to her hotel room she was that lashed a few years ago.

I slapped Cedric round the face and gave him a sod off great wedgy once. I’m afraid we were very very drunk

somafunk

A tenuous link at best………I upset David Coulthard in Economics at Kirkcudbright high school in 5th year as he found out the following day that i shagged his GF on the geography teachers desk at the Candlemas ball – it sounds pretty despicable but we were only 16/17 at the time and i didn’t know much better, we’ve settled our differences over a drink since the act in question back in 1989 – i guess he’s had the better part of the deal since.

And….. I told Calvin Harris (adam wiles) to GTF one night (2004) in my bros club in dumfries as he was being an absolute sex pest wi the bar staff (as usual) and pissing every girl off so we told him to GTF or we’d rearrange his mush down the back staircase. #comebackalisforgivencalvin……….. 😉

There’s a a few other upsets/moments with the prima-donna DJ’s we book for the local festival that our crew run the dance tents for but professional responsibilities (and possible lawsuits/problems with booking agents) prevent me from naming names……

somafunk

Too late for edit but……

Although….Dave Clark?…..you really should acknowledge the crowd and look as if you are enjoying what you do for the £2.5k+ you charge for 90 mins work.

langylad
    Free Member

Ooh is that Dave Clark from the Dave Clark 5. He’s still doing well for himself at 1200 quid an hour 😀

somafunk

😉 good one

somafunk

Clark(e) with an ‘e obviously

chakaping
    Free Member

Great thread.

Like Convert I also can’t reveal all in case I lose my job, but I have upset a very famous current pop star so much that her reaction on social media made the news internationally.

I was only doing my job, but nearly lost it because of the daft cow.

🙁

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Ian McCulloch told me to f*** off once after I told him to cheer up.

molgrips is a bit upset with me too. 😆

aphex_2k
    Free Member

I told the Green Cross Code dude that there was “No way” he was Darth Vadar. He looked peeved.

I also laughed at Goldie when he asked for a discount on a PS2 and some games and told him to sell a tooth.

Pigface
    Free Member

I was riding down Cheyney Walk in London a long time again when a big Bentley Limo pulls up along side me. In the back was a tiny wizened monkey like creature that was Mick Jagger. I gave him a thumbs up and he flicked me a V sign. What a charmer 😆

thomthumb
    Free Member

my mate at a party. Girl sits next to him and is clearly trying to chat him up. ” do you like this album it’s mine?” “oh yeah, i do, who is it?” he says thinking she owns the CD. “it’s me singing”.

It was Amy Winehouse.

jaffejoffer
    Free Member

i had a toe to toe with El Hadj Diouf once, i give him the **** sign as he drive past in some ridiculous automobile. he slammed on jumped out and raced over to kick off.

Another time i saw Ric Flair at an airport. i asked him if i could take a picture, he siad no, so i took one anyway and he went spare trying to grab my phone! lunatic.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 144 total)

The topic ‘Have you ever upset anyone Famous?’ is closed to new replies.