Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 69 total)
  • Have you ever paid for it?
  • ti_pin_man
    Free Member

I was reading an article about the uk sex industry, it was a newspaper link that came through on my facebook feed and reading was interesting as it was discussing the merits, or otherwise, of legalising more of the sex industry to give workers better protection and less vulnerability BUT one stat made me think, it said 1 in 10 men had paid for sexual services. Now there’s a strong argument to say we all have, wining and dinning gf and wives but that’s not what I mean, I mean have you ditched the romance and just paid for the sex? 1 in 1o means 1 in the first 10 should be saying yes… makes you think.
    So have you, have you thought about it? Would you?

iolo
    Free Member

I have never paid for sexual services and am happy with mrs iolo. I do however live in the darkest Austrian countryside where nearly every little village has a Night Club where ladies will dance for you and there’s many many Laufhaus which are basically legal brothels. Many lonely farmers spend far too much time in these places.

jon1973
    Free Member

it said 1 in 10 men had paid for sexual services.

I guess it depends what they classify as a service. I guess a lot of men on stag do’s would go to a strip club or lap dancer – does that count?

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

*Cue ‘I’ve been paying for it since I got married’ jokes*

ti_pin_man
    Free Member

although technically part of the sex industry watching somebody take their clothes off seem a remote ‘service’ and not a direct relief as I meant 🙂

Onzadog
    Free Member

I don’t object to the concept, but I’m far too tight to actually part with cash for it.

jon1973
    Free Member

although technically part of the sex industry watching somebody take their clothes off seem a remote ‘service’ and not a direct relief as I meant

yes, but what did the people who produced that statistic actually mean? Sexual services is a bit vague really.

tomhoward

Strip clubs and lap dances? Yes, lots, but not for a couple of years, it got to the point where I was bored in there, and there are much cheaper ways to be bored.

Actual sex? No, be like waving a pencil in the Albert hall.

ti_pin_man
    Free Member

up to 7 independent replies 😉

in the statistic they certainly implied ‘it’ was some kind of sexual transaction, not a lapdance.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Those hookers are getting prettier….

DezB
    Free Member

No, be like waving a pencil in the Albert hall.

That says more about you than them 🙂

Now, I’ve been doing that online dating thing. I spent a bit of time on the free one. Said I’d never go on the paid for ones – “If I was going to pay for it I’d want to be guaranteed some sex ho ho!” Got fed up with the free one, took a trial on a paid one… my sub automatically renewed without me realising and without me looking at the small print. I find out now I’ve paid £100!! and still had no damn sex out of it! Cancelled. Wish I’d spent the money ahem, elsewhere.
    Can’t do (and never have done) the paying for it thing, though (now, because of my job and not the moral objections I had as a younger chap).

trail_rat
    Free Member

nope never but i work with a lot of folk who do – ….. pretty regularly….. when we are away with work – they make no secret of it and in some ways i think they look forward to going away with work for it ……

no holds barred either – playing with fire in places like west africa.

bikebouy
    Free Member

I think the sex industry should be regulated, insured, pay tax, monitored and open.

And no, never paid for sex and never will do.

Cougar

I haven’t. I’ve nothing against the idea and wouldn’t think less of anyone that had, but I can’t see as it’s something I’d have wanted to do beyond morbid curiosity when I was younger and I’m married now so it’s a moot point anyway.

Really, I guess it’s not a world apart from dating anyway. A young lad spots a girl in a club, chats her up, buys her drinks all night, in the hope of a bit of a tumble later; or when older, dating, buying meals, hoping that a relationship might develop. But if all you’re looking for is a quick round of Hide The Sausage then going to a prostitute just cuts to the point and removes the uncertainty. Plus I suppose, a professional might well be more skilled in the area?

I guess where I’m going here is the double standard attitude. If you told your mates you’d been with a sex worker I expect many would be shocked or otherwise react negatively; whereas if you told them you’d picked up a girl in a bar, wined and dined her all evening and then went back to her place for a night of freaky German monkey-sex, they’d all be patting you on the back.

no holds barred either

I see what you did there.

willard

Does a divorce settlement count?

DezB
    Free Member

To be honest, I don’t think I’d be able to anyway. The fact that you’re with someone who fancies you is all part of it – to have someone putting out just because you’ve given them some cash.. naaah.

retro83
    Free Member

That’s no joke!

lunge

In short, no. Lap dancing, yes, but I’ve not done that for 15 years, I came to the conclusion I was paying to be prick teased and that was a very stupid way to spend my money.

I’ve got a couple of friends who have when in Thailand but wouldn’t even consider it in the UK.

theotherjonv

An ex-work colleague did, after his marriage broke down and he didn’t want to get back into dating and relationships at the age of 50+; he was happy with his single life / sport watching / golf at the weekend but still fancied some physical activity without emotional attachment.

As he said, they were selling something he wanted to buy, where’s the problem?

It also in his own admission gave him the chance to ‘spend time’ with some stunning and highly capable ladies, significantly younger than him (not in a pervy way but also not 50+ either) who were totally out of his league even when he was in his twenties or thirties too.

He wasn’t short of a penny or two so used the higher end of the market, and felt he got value in every sense.

Difficult to criticise. Sadly, no longer with us now.

globalti
    Free Member

Seconded the comment about West Africa; I’ve been to Nigeria about 90 times and there are plenty of opportunities but I’ve never taken that step, firstly because of the small matter that I did once stand up in front of my family and friends and make a solemn vow and secondly because messing around with locals is an invitation to big “wahalla”, they will expect to stay in your hotel room for the duration of your trip and enjoy all the benefits of hotel life, constant electricity, free food and drink, the pool while you’re out at work, cash for clothes and to give to relatives and if things go right, pregnancy and a British passport. It’s a minefield and I’ve seen a few people who have fallen foul of it.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Friend of mine lives in Amsterdam and used to share his wireless internet with the brothel downstairs( when wireless was still new and a rarity) . They had an arrangement …

trail_rat
    Free Member

secondly because messing around with locals is an invitation to big “wahalla”, they will expect to stay in your hotel room for the duration of your trip and enjoy all the benefits of hotel life, constant electricity, free food and drink, the pool while you’re out at work, cash for clothes and to give to relatives and if things go right, pregnancy and a British passport. It’s a minefield and I’ve seen a few people who have fallen foul of it.

and thats if your one of the lucky ones.

Cougar

Friend of mine lives in Amsterdam and used to share his wireless internet with the brothel downstairs( when wireless was still new and a rarity) . They had an arrangement …

They borrowed his dongle?

loddrik
    Free Member

They should pay me.

(Although they’d probably (*) demand a refund after).

* Definitely

bob_summers

the flat next door to us is a brothel, and has been for some time. I’ve no problems with it, and with (usually middle aged) quiet, discrete clients I prefer that than a noisy family in some ways!

Biggest gripe is the latest tenants seem to work odd hours, and quite often my doorbell goes at 5am or something but not sure what I can do about that.

RustySpanner

I think they just let him plug it in downstairs for a while.

Xylene
    Free Member

no holds barred either – playing with fire in places like west africa.

Are companies still giving HIV safety packs to staff who get posted in west africa with packets of condoms in them?

CountZero

Never have, and not got any real inclination to. Frankly, I just don’t have the money to play at the end of the market that I would like to aspire to, if you get my drift.
    And I’ve been single for quite a long time.

slowoldman

1 in 10 means 1 in the first 10 should be saying yes…

No it doesn’t. That’s not how statistics work.

Anyway, no.

jambalaya
    Free Member

They borrowed his dongle?

🙂

OP its a massive industry with many serious issues like abuse, people trafficing, drugs etc

An ex-colleague who worked in Japan said the hookers where cheaper than a date given cost food and drink, especially when you adjusted for the probability of getting any action.

We often drive through Bois de Boulogne or Parc Vincennes in Paris and its quite eye opening the amount of battered white vans and/or girls stood along the roads – this is all in the middle of the day. I can’t imagine what its like of an evening.

DezB
    Free Member

quite often my doorbell goes at 5am or something but not sure what I can do about that.

Put a sign saying “Not a brothel” on it?

agent007
    Free Member

Does an unexpected ‘happy ending’ count?

rickmeister

Like iolo, we are on the Swiss German border and most villages have a strip club for the Swiss clients popping over for the evening… its pretty open and well managed..

jambalaya
    Free Member

Explain “unexpected” 😉

stewartc
    Free Member

I got a 250 GBP happy ending in a massage parlor in Roponngi once, in my defense I was extremely drunk (and young & single at the time).

I will draw the line at buying a SC though, that’s ridiculous money.

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

Now there’s a strong argument to say we all have, wining and dinning gf and wives

No, no there isn’t. If you don’t know the difference you need some time on the thinking step.
    Apart from the obvious bias in your statement.

cyclingweakly
    Free Member

Re: statistics, statistically, <1:10 would openly admit to paying for sex in indelible virtual ink on an internet forum!

I was single through my late-thirties and went on quite a lot of stag dos with a group of guys I new through my work… They were professional/financial/property sector, so quite laddish but with a thin veneer of corporate respectability.

I was utterly astounded at how normal it was for them to go off to brothels at the end of an evening and blow a couple of hundred Euros to snort coke out of a 19-year-old Latvian’s balloon knot.

I recall one young fellow, a married father of 2 regaling over breakfast about how he’d been “pegged” by 2 Hungarians and had to stump up an extra €10 for lube!

I assumed that, being well into marriages and LTRs, they craved a bit of variety… As a singleton, I wasn’t really going short of interesting and varied sex, and for me, I preferred the thrill of the chase rather than just skipping to the wet bit.

PJM1974
    Free Member

Quite a few years ago, I went on a stag do to a major European capital city. Now the groom revealed on the day that he wanted to pay a visit to a brothel while we were there and duly did so with us in attendance.

Now most of the women working there were stunning, I mean absolutely jaw-dropping lovely. However, several of us made it clear that we didn’t wish to partake in the horizontal pursuits, but we were made very welcome and plied with reasonable quality lager whilst the participating members of our party got stuck in. The thing that will never, ever leave me is how some of my so called mates seemed to dehumanise the girls they’d hired in some way, as though they ceased to be proper human beings once their services were hired.

Two of the girls finished their shift while we were waiting for our mates and they asked if they could join us for a drink and a chat, it was all quite surreal. I spoke with one girl for about an hour. She was an art student from St Petersburg, who loved the city’s architecture and was very fond of hanging out in galleries. She seemed grateful for the company, I felt saddened when one of the guys who’d partaken announced loudly that he’d “tried to go out for a bike ride but she was having none of it”.

DezB
    Free Member

tried to go out for a bike ride

cyclingweakly
    Free Member

I felt saddened when one of the guys who’d partaken announced loudly that he’d “tried to go out for a bike ride but she was having none of it”.

Dirty b*****d!

(Is this a bit of stealth moderation or is going for a bike ride a naughty thing?)

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 69 total)

The topic ‘Have you ever paid for it?’ is closed to new replies.