Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Have you dug out your summer gear back? #whereiswinter
  • medoramas
    Free Member

Coming to work this morning (Torbay, South Devon), wearing light weight l/s jersey and shorts it didn’t feel it’s almost Christmas at all…

Has the Winter arrived to your area yet?

jam-bo

have you ridden on dartmoor recently? kayak is more appropriate…

andysredmini
    Free Member

I nearly cooked on the way to work this morning. I set out in the same I have been wearing for the last few weeks but nearly ended up stripping down to a t shirt. My cateye never moved from 13deg for the whole journey. 13 deg at 7:30 in the morning mid December is just daft. I just wish the rain would do one.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    blader1611
    Free Member

Snow in the yorkshire dales at grassington on saturday but today 11c.

NewRetroTom

Had to remove a layer on the way in over the Pentlands this morning. Was down to just a merino long sleeve on my top half.

Was sliding about on the ice in Tobermory on Saturday night/Sunday morning.

raisinhat
    Free Member

All the trails are still boggin wet though, so every ride ends up with being splattered in mud, and washing all my waterproofs constantly. I’d rather it hurried up and got cold enough to freeze so it could at least be dry.

P-Jay
    Free Member

Nope, whilst it was 5-10c all weekend it also poured down, took two cycles of the machine to get the mud/grit out.

sweepy
    Free Member

Night before last I was night ski-ing in the forest. Gone, all gone 🙁

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

thinking of joining my roadie club for a run this weekend. I can see it’s gonna create all sorts of head scratching and conflict as many of them are zealots about mudguards being fitted for winter club runs, but I’m planning on turning up on my SUMMER bike which isn’t even tarnished with as much as an ass-saver. Might even leave my ‘sunday best’ carbon wheels on! The world’s gone mad, will nobody think of the children etc etc.

(to balance, I was tipping water out of my “waterproof” shoes after the commute home last night 🙄 )

woodster

Think I’d’ve been better off without the base layer today and position two on the heated seats was too much for post ride enjoyment.

No-one else seems to have noticed though as the trails are empty.

deadkenny
    Free Member

T-shirt weather in Surrey. Hit 14C, mid December! I only wear longer layer or a thin shower jacket over because of the amount of mud, but it’s a right laugh in the mud 😀

milky1980
    Free Member

Have yet to put my winter stuff on!! Only thing I’ve changed since the summer is fit the rear mudguards and tyres to cope with the slop. Still commuting in shorts and a thin softshell jacket, yet to put the heating on either!

The sooner it turns properly cold the better.

shindiggy
    Free Member

Still commuting in shorts and t-shirt here, but I do that in all but sub zero temperatures. It’s definitely mild though, if the last few years are to be taken as a trend, well have the proper winter arrive in February and March.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Have you dug out your summer gear back? #whereiswinter’ is closed to new replies.