Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)
  • Have You Broken Many Bike Parts?
  • sbob
    Free Member

Lots of wheels, some stems and cranks, and a Raleigh Activator II on the Malvern Classic downhill, if anyone remembers it. 😆

Northwind

Folded a steel bar on my carrera jumping off a wall at my school, all downhill from there 😆 Answer alu bar at fort william, a bunch of mechs, a manitou swinger shock, an exotic and a thomson seatpost, a 32mm boxxer top crown, a flow and a flow ex rim (on the same hub), and a traversee and LB rim (also on the same, different hub), and a 719 and a pair of 721s that cracked to buggery. Oh and every major frame component on my hemlock over the space of 5 years. Not too bad really. Some of the stuff I’m still using, I think some people would declare to be dead but they still work

Also resurrected a Soda- bought it cracked, got it fixed- and a couple of sets of forks, I guess that offsets it a bit!

jamesoz

In the last 3 years, 4 frames and one rear rim.

pictonroad

rear mechs, loads of the bloody things, apart from that, almost nothing, must be a mincer. Makes me think I could get away with lighter kit if I wasn’t so tight.

senorj

Not really.Whilst riding I’ve had a couple of mech hangers go , a banjoed rear disc and a snapped seat post.
    I think I’ve lost more bloody rear lights than mechanicals tbh….

stevomcd
    Free Member

In 8 seasons of Alpine guiding, I’ve broken:

1 frame
    1 fork
    2 swingarms
    2 rims
    2 hoses (1 brake, 1 reverb)
    1 rear mech (worn out a few more)
    1 mech hanger
    3 freehubs
    1 shifter
    Maybe half-a-dozen spokes

Can’t think of much else that isn’t more-or-less consumable.

ads678

A few chains, a brake lever, a couple of mechs, a couple of sets of cranks (worn them out). Not a lot really.

NewRetroTom

Kona Unit frame (crumpled down tube)
    Kona Explosif scandium frame (cracked around top tube/seat tube junction)
    Rocky Mountain ETS70 frame (cracked seat tube)
    Snapped (aluminium) handlebars
    Seized rear hub after worn out cartridge bearing fell apart
    Snapped v brake lever
    Cracked cassette body on Hope Ti-glide hub
    Bent seatpost

Not counting all the worn out bearings, rims etc.

Not too many things for about 16 years of serious riding.

longmover
    Free Member

Over the past 20 years or 1 frame, 4 forks (2 sets of rigid), 1 hope xc front hub, 1 hope xc rear hub, 4 sets of cranks, numerous pedals, 3 rear mechs.

Not too bad since I used to do a lot of dirt jumping and downhill.

EDIT I forgot a set of brakes

dirtyrider
    Free Member

GT Zaskar LE Frame – Snapped at the head tube had been ridden/jumped to death
    Spooky Metalhead Frame – snapped at the head tube – hit the back of a parked car
    Sun Mammoth Rim – Dirt Jumping
    Proshift Rear Mech – Jumping up a ledge
    4 Pairs of Pace RC30 Trials Forks, well not broken, but the crown ovalised were the legs screwed in, i think they were just a bad design

cannot think of anything else I’ve broken (apart from my Leg in May) and they were all 10-15 years ago

bent a mech hanger at the Mega, but they are meant to bend, bushings are bearings don’t count surely

never bust a mech with general riding, nor snapped a spoke, don’t really buy junk so maybe something to do with that?

Northwind

dirtyrider – Member

bushings are bearings don’t count surely

Suppose it depends. I wore out a deore BB in 6 hours. Well, probably about 4 hours but I managed to get it to last to the end of the day.

Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)

The topic ‘Have You Broken Many Bike Parts?’ is closed to new replies.