Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Have you bought a bike,then found the next day it's £160 cheaper?
  • bluemooner
    Free Member

I’m not griping,these things happen but would you get in touch and ask them if there was anything they could do on it.
    Basically it’s a commencal fr v3 from chain reaction, bought for £2000, reduced from 3, now it’s down to £1840 and its in the post now.
    Like I say I’m not moaning about it, just wondered if this has happened to anyone else and did you get any joy out of them.
    Cheers
    Ian.

sniff
    Free Member

Send it back and buy it again cheaper. Risk is they don’t have any left but worth it for £160

steviecapt
    Free Member

no but i bought my bike from halfords for £600 then the next day it went back up to £750, thats the chance you take op, you were happy to buy the bike at the price you paid so you cant really argue the fact, sometimes you win sometimes you dont

martinhutch

Ring them up, say that you don’t want to have to reorder then return the first one to them under the distance selling regulations, as it will be hassle for you both – are they prepared to be flexible?

lasty
    Free Member

Deffo give em a call and tell em you don’t want the bike having not received it and seeing their new price you feel a bit cheesed off.
    Honesty may pay 8)

bluemooner
    Free Member

Yes I’ll give em a try. Thanks chaps

rkearsey
    Free Member

I did this last time CRC had a sale on, it was on some five tens, they dropped £20 the day after i ordered them, all i did was simply phoned them and they sent me an email voucher for the £20. Very good service

unklehomered
    Free Member

from chain reaction

This is what will happen.

If you send it back to them at your own costs they will take it. So they may do you a deal to save the bother. Ring them, not email, email guys tend not to take on board the nuance of the situation.

I did a similar thing last year, bought the Meta frameset in the sale, then the next day they massively reduced the VIP Factory Frame Kit (as above Plus reverb, saddle, fork, bars, stem, headset etc). So I bought that despite it being too late to cancel the frame. I was all ready to send back the first frame, when I opened the second one to find it had the wrong frame in… In the end they let me send back the wrong frame (a Supreme DH), and keep the meta AM. But I had to call and explain to a dude, emailing just got me a stock answer that missed the point.

bluemooner
    Free Member

Rk, that’s what I was hoping.
    Unkle,sounds like a lot of raffin about,but I may have to do that.
    Just called but their offices are closed.
    Thanks for your help lads.

Blazin-saddles
    Free Member

Not CRC but did at Planet X, bought a frame set online, it was delivered then the very next day I had a mailshot from them showing at £40 cheaper than I’d paid. called them and they refunded the £40

Militant_biker

When I used to answer phones in a bike shop, we had a customer call up to complain that the bike he bought ~14 months previously (so a different model year…) was now reduced in the sale, and how much were we going to offer him? 😯

Haze

If funds allow, buy another and send the other back when it arrives?

Does the free return apply to complete bikes?

But yeah, ask if there’s anything they can do first…my guess is they’ll refund.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

sniff – Member
    Send it back and buy it again cheaper. Risk is they don’t have any left but worth it for £160
    POSTED 3 HOURS AGO #

Miserable bastard of the week.

bluemooner
    Free Member

Kudos to crc,phoned them this morn and without quibble,sent me £160 in vouchers.
    Top stuff,thanks for the input
    Ian

TheSanityAssassin

I’m more impressed that you actually got through on the phone on a Monday morning!! 😀

rocketman
    Free Member

They don’t have anything to do today.

The bits I ordered on Friday night have already arrived and today’s order has already been despatched

Go CRC

robdob
    Free Member

That’s nice service from CRC.

People used to come into the DIY store I used to manage and say “I bought this piece of garden furniture/mower etc for £x and now its £x-y, I want the difference” (it would be something they had already used for a few days normally).

My normal (joking tone of voice and if appropriate) reply would be “So if it goes up in price are we ok to send you a bill for the differnce then?”

They didn’t have a reply for that….

Euro
    Free Member

I bought my first fs bike at a bargain price of £1500. Two weeks later the shop i bought it from dropped the price by 500! As a small goodwill gesture the shop gave me a lid and a couple of tops, which was better than nothing, but it did sting a bit.

project
    Free Member

Kudos to crc,phoned them this morn and without quibble,sent me £160 in vouchers.
    Top stuff,thanks for the input
    Ian

So for a few vouchers they have kept you as a loyal customer, and youll tell your freinds, and put it on a bike web site and others will see what a reputable and good company CRC are, stuff that would cost thousands to advertise properley.

Where as if they had told you do one, a mass of bad publicity and probably a lot of canceled orders and no new customers.

Well done CRC.

wattsymtb
    Free Member

So for a few vouchers they have kept you as a loyal customer, and youll tell your freinds, and put it on a bike web site and others will see what a reputable and good company CRC are, stuff that would cost thousands to advertise properley.

Where as if they had told you do one, a mass of bad publicity and probably a lot of canceled orders and no new customers.

Well done CRC.

What point are you trying to make? It sounds like you are trying to criticise CRC but I can’t really see what your point is. Yes, they get good publicity but the OP also gets an unaccounted for £160 to spend on more shiny things. As far as I can see everyone’s a winner.

Junkyard
    Free Member

ah project there is no story where you wont shine your light of misery on it…basically whatever CRC would have done you would have had a go.

Well is suppose it gives the NHS a break on the forum

bigyinn
    Free Member

Thing is thats a shrewd move from CRC.
    They still get the the OPs money in full and get extra business from him. Everyones happy. Ok CRC have reduced their profit slightly but I’ll wager they’ll still be quids in.
    Win Win. (Except for project, who feels cheated of bad news).

wattsymtb
    Free Member

Agreed it’s a shrewd move, but on the other hand it is also a perfect reason that he now has to buy more shiny but untimately un-neccessary things.

‘I’m really sorry love, if I could spend these vouchers on things we need I would but it just isn’t possible’.

legend
    Free Member

Nobeerinthefridge – Member

” sniff – Member
    POSTED 3 HOURS AGO #”

Miserable bastard of the week.

Correction….

project – Member

Well done CRC.

mrplow
    Free Member

CRC have had 1000s of my pounds as they have been ultra reliable and have resolved the only sticky situation I have had with a part from them when they got Fishers to do a full rebuild of my Lyriks. Lyriks are now on their 6th year. :mrgreen:

mulv1976
    Free Member

I had the same when I bought my mega. £2500 reduced from £3300. Then a few days later it was reduced to £2250. I phoned them and explained that as I hadnt used it yet I could send it back and order the reduced price. Instead they just refunded me £250. Exellent service.

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘Have you bought a bike,then found the next day it's £160 cheaper?’ is closed to new replies.