Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Have you been caught out like this?
  • Spongebob
    Free Member

This is about being overcharged on my mobile account, not my fault, so got a refund when I saw my bill and called up my mobile provider.. Here’s what hapoened:

On New Year’s Eve at around 23:15, I sent a group message to 25 of my contacts wishing them a Happy New Year. I was thinking I’d text then, rather than wait until midnight to mitigate the risk of delays in them receiving these messages.

The message came back as failed, so i resent it, not knowing whether it was just one or all of the recipients failing to receive the message. Then it failed again, so I sent it again. And once more – I’d had a few and thought what the hell, I have 300sms/month and hardly ever text. Some people got it, others didn’t. I concluded that I left it too late and that the network was overloaded.

Then I got my bill today, with nearly £30 worth of MMS messages outside of my plan! 😕

It transpires that when the network is overloaded, it can sometimes resort to sending SMS as MMS. Well this was what the tele assistant said. Anyway, I got a full refund with absolutely no quibble.

I wonder how many people out there got overcharged like this, not even bothering to check their monthly online statement (by chance, this was the first time I have checked mine in several months – all others were fine luckily).

zokes
    Free Member

Hmmmm. Down here in oz on Telstra, my wife appeared to have sent 25 MMSs on NYE according to the bill. Thankfully all within our plan, but she definitely sent them as SMSs. So plausible.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘Have you been caught out like this?’ is closed to new replies.