Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Have we done this yet? Classic Album Sundays…
  • psychle
    Free Member

BBC article…

Have to say, I can’t remember the last time I listened to an entire album end to end, if ever… have you?

nonk
    Free Member

yeah do it all the time this week alone i have listened to:

dark side of the moon
    ok computer
    in rainbows
    and something by pretty lights.

IanMunro
    Free Member

Dark side of the moon last weekend.
    Scroobius Pip – Angles this evening.
    Did cringe a bit when I heard about this on the radio last night. They were very earnest. No talking or going to the toilet when the LP is turned over 🙂

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    CountZero

The only time I don’t is when I listen on my iPod in shuffle mode. Otherwise, when I put a cd on, it’s with the sole intention of listening through from beginning to end. How else could you listen to Dark Side Of The Moon?

slimtubing
    Free Member

Just listened to Melting Pot by the Charlatans in its entirity while painting the hallway stairs. Gonna stick on Ritual De lo Habitual for 2nd coat.

DezB
    Free Member

How else could you listen to Dark Side Of The Moon?
    With the volume turned down?

I listen to full albums fairly regularly. Last 4 next to the stereo are Neil Young’s “Decade”, Sleigh Bells – “Treats”, The Wombats “A Guide to Love..” and Lorn’s “Nothing Else”. Good old fashioned CDs.
    Can’t stand Pink Floyd though.

GJP
    Free Member

I am also in the CountZero camp but it is only in the last 12 months or so that I have got back into music. Listen to my iPod on Tuesdays commuting as it is my no parking day at work. Other than that it is full albums at nights and at weekends.

About 40 CDs on the window sill next to the hi-fi at the moment, perhaps 3/4 of them bought in the last month – mainly s/h off the bay for a couple of quid.

DezB
    Free Member

Just got round to reading the OP’s link. Can’t say I get the opportunity to listen to an album like that anymore (just listening, nothing else). Will aways be reading/mending bike/surfing web while albums are on.

The bloke from Pop Justice that they interviewed for a bit of balance – what a knobend – “”What I would do is open the track as an audio file, take out any drum solos, look for any guitar solo, take it out, close it and put it back into iTunes.” Don’t care for music much then mate?

c
    Free Member

I pretty much always listen to an album in it’s entirety but like DezB am always doing something else while I listen. I quite like the idea of this, could be pretty meditative. Did hear the BBC programme about it though and I’m fecked if someone’s going to tell me I can’t go to the toilet half way through if I want to 🙂

cinnamon_girl

There was a link to that article on the record store shop thread. I’m waiting for someone to start a record club. I’d offer but I don’t possess Naim. 😉

Yes, music should be listened to without distractions. Try it. 🙂

DezB
    Free Member

But if you were listening in a group, there would be distractions, surely? “What does everyone else think of this bit?” “How am I goign to discribe how that bit of piano hits me in the gut?” “I need a wee!” etc etc.
    Actually, I think they should add a tab of ecstacy to the equation… hmm…

skinnysteel
    Free Member

Malpractice: Dr Feelgood & Band of Joy: Robert Plant, last weekend.

Simon

slimtubing – Member
    Just listened to Melting Pot by the Charlatans in its entirity while painting the hallway stairs.

That’s a greatest hits so doesn’t count as an album.

But in answer to the OP, yes I do frequently listen to entire albums end to end.

TijuanaTaxi
    Free Member

Listened to all of Big Country’s “Crossing” today and have a few albums that get the completely played treatment

chakaping
    Free Member

I’ve listened to about four or five full albums today. Same every day. Radio doesn’t work in office and I work alone at home.

Anyway – They were interviewing a woman involved with this thing on BBC London when I drove to shops earlier, sounds waaaay too chin-strokey for my liking.

On the rare occasion that I get out the house I think I’d rather have a few drinks and a laugh than sit down in silence worshipping the genius of Pink Floyd.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Have we done this yet? Classic Album Sundays…’ is closed to new replies.