Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Have we done this one yet?
  • RealMan
    Free Member

Clicky

Kid looks like he’d be pretty secure to me, 5 points of contact plus being right between his Dad’s legs.

Didn’t know there was a law against having two people on a bike, I’ve done it loads of times.

Jamie
    Free Member

Have we done this one yet?

Yeah we have done this loads of times. The Mail is shit and best avoided.

…or do you mean the particular story?

jon1973
    Free Member

I’m outraged. Who can I write to?

Edukator
    Free Member

The bicycle is clearly “adapted” and complies with the law. If the police officer considered the adaption unsuitable there were plenty of ways of resolving the issue without a £200 fine. A £100 child seat for example. And then the British police wonder why they are hated and honest citizens won’t help them with their enquiries. One more victim of a xenophobic, masonic, sexist… .

stumpyjon

I would have thought a quiet word was more appropriatew than a £ 200 fine (wtf with the victim surcharge, what victim?). That siad for all we know a quiet word wa shad which was met with abuse which is why it ended up in court, not like the mail to provide a story with some crucial context missing……

donsimon
    Free Member

This wouldn’t have happened in my day, national service would have taught the young ruffian a bit of respect. Throwing litter on the ground in front of one of our gallant young Bobbies, I ask you, what is the world coming to? The young need a bit of direction and discipline before it all gets out of hand. They’ll be writing on walls and damaging hard working, law abiding citizen’s property next, mark my words…

Cougar

The bicycle is clearly “adapted” and complies with the law.

I was wondering that. It’s clearly not ‘adapted’ in any sort of “hey, I bought a child seat” way, but it’s DIY adapted. It’s not clear from that snippet of law what constitutes an acceptable adaption.

Cougar

I would have thought a quiet word was more appropriate

Given that he tore up the ticket and nearly got another one for littering, I’d suspect that either he made a rod for his own back by being a mouthy gobshite when he was stopped by a copper who just wanted to make sure the kid was safe, or he landed a copper with a bad attitude who just wanted to do him for something. Or, perhaps more likely, both.

z1ppy

That is bonkers, is it real or just another piece of DM news?
    I believe the police officer involved should be ashamed… +1 to Edukator comments unfortunately.

boxfish
    Free Member

It could have been that child’s face.

gravitysucks
    Free Member

Ghetto bike seat in a day and age were people are trying to save money. and the problem is?

oblique
    Free Member

Why has no one brought up that the kid wearing a helmet the wrong size and the wrong way round?

phil.w
    Free Member

wouldn’t of happened if he was white.

GrahamS

wouldn’t of happened been reported in the Daily Heil if he was white.

FTFY.

DezB
    Free Member

I found another pic with the arresting officer in the background

HermanShake
    Free Member

My Dad did this with a bit of pipe lagging on the toptube of his Peugeot racer back in’t day through Ladbroke Grove 😀

I think this is why I love cycling today, it felt so fast and I was what seemed like miles from the ground.

Daily Fail strikes again!

yunki
    Free Member

well well well..
    I just had a look at the link and thought I would perhaps add a comment on the story on the mails site..

then I started to read the other comments..

I literally.. (yes literally) feel a little bit sick now..

I had previously thought that I personally was at the forefront of ignorant neanderthal types accessing the internet but things appear to have moved on incredibly quickly..

knee jerking racists o’clock

stu_d
    Free Member

I think his helmet is on backwards

TiRed

Would you trust the DIY skills of someone who puts a child’s helmet on backwards?

EDIT : as above

RealMan
    Free Member

Hadn’t looked at the comments yet..

Not good enough. He should have been referred to social services for putting his son in danger. Putting you child in danger in this way is completely unacceptable. Duct tape indeed. He is lucky the authorities made him see the error of his ways before the child got hurt.

I am just surprised people like this irresponsible father didn’t get fined at least £1000 and put his child in the child protection register for endangering the life of his own child.

😯

thegreatape
    Free Member

Show me the money.

duntstick
    Free Member

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

stumpyjon – Member

I would have thought a quiet word was more appropriatew than a £ 200 fine (wtf with the victim surcharge, what victim?). That siad for all we know a quiet word wa shad which was met with abuse which is why it ended up in court,

thats my bet for the true story. The court clearly thought his bike was not within the law anyway

thegreatape
    Free Member

And it would have been a £30 fine from the policeman, £200 from the court.

GrahamS

Thing is he could have picked up a legal childseat on eBay for a tenner – but he chose to bodge it instead.

chakaping
    Free Member

Actually the Mail wouldn’t have run the story 10 years ago because of the man’s ethnicity.

In the late 1990s I actually had a story about a cabbie being done for attacking a man who did a runner knocked back when they discovered the taxi driver was not white.

So that’s progress I suppose.

allthepies
    Free Member

Did cynic-al rig it up for him ?

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘Have we done this one yet?’ is closed to new replies.