Viewing 4 posts - 41 through 44 (of 44 total)
  • Have we done the fastest human made object yet?
  • scaredypants

sod your protons, losers

photons are faster and even I can “make” them

@CZ, everything that ever existed was already there in terms of its constituent parts, surely – unless you count god/original formation of the universe

wobbliscott
    Free Member

There are alot of manufactured products that are a result of being extracted from other substances/things. Various chemicals, Petrol, Sugar, Iron. These are all considered manufactured products even though they always existed, but have just been processed to exist in another form. I say Protons count.

wobbliscott
    Free Member

Photon’s don’t have mass, so can they be considered an ‘object’? Are they physical matter or just some abstract form of energy?

maxtorque

i call bull, sorry.

i don’t think the borehole cap could survive (intact) the acceleration forces required to reach 4mps in the distance captured in the camera frame? And at that speed, the friction with the dense lower atmosphere would immediately ablate it into vapour…..

(For reference, here is the space shuttle entry profile, note the altitude at which it is doing 6kps, and it still needs a hugely complex heat shield to survive)

Viewing 4 posts - 41 through 44 (of 44 total)

The topic ‘Have we done the fastest human made object yet?’ is closed to new replies.