Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 81 total)
  • Have we done the cyclist riding into the back of the parked car yet?
  • Yak

Yes, I’ve done this as well, except it was a double decker bus 😳

I was filtering without slowing in-between 2 lines of traffic towards some traffic lights. My mind was elsewhere and I failed to see the big red thing straddling both lanes and went into the back without touching the brakes.. ouch. Surprisingly not injured except bruises and pride.

tenfoot

Me too – 8/9 years old, racing my brother on my Raleigh Tomahawk, I rode into the back of a Triumph 2000, while looking behind me to see how much I was beating him by.

My dad had to fork out for the repairs to the Triumph’s chrome bumpers.

seosamh77
    Free Member

Haha, I’ve done this. it’s something you’ll do only once! 😀 Not quite as bad as the OP’s video mind!

seadog101

Did this too when I was about six. Back of a truck, no damage, but my front wheel jammed under the bumper and the bike stayed upright. So tightly wedged it was too, so I couldn’t pull it out. Had to run home and get Dad. Who was not seeing the funny side of it!

pictonroad

yep. back from uni, visiting the village pub using my old BMX from the back of the garage. Freewheeling down the hill doing that putting all your weight on the bars thing because the bmx seat was last moved when I was 12.

No street lights, hit the back of a van, 1st thing that hit was my face, luckily it was the ‘soft’ bit of the van where a window wasn’t.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Not parked but I rode into the back of the car infront pulling away from traffic lights, they accelerated then missed 2nd gear so I ploughed straight into them.

And on a moped looking into a junction on the right to check for traffic and the car in front stopped.

And into the back of a street sweeper whilst drunk on a Sheffield Uni CC night out, I was running down the road in a drunken attempt to jump on the back and they stopped which earnt me the temporary nickname “the tank”.

Paging Samuri and PeterPoddy

I was just thinking the same.

Pigface
    Free Member

I was 11 on Usk high street coming off the bridge, blam into the back of a car, over handle bars and land on roof of car looking at driver through windscreen, poor driver had the screaming abdabs 😆 I cut my elbow pretty badly still not sure how.

jakd95
    Free Member

Done the same but with a wheelie bin, kind of embarrassing.. It seems to be quite a common thing though!

cheeezzy24
    Free Member

Not a car or wheelie bin but I did ride head first into the canal whilst looking behind me for my mate on my raleigh grifter. It sank and I was covered in sludge and I stunk. Mom made me strip off outside when I got home before I could go in!

Rorschach
    Free Member

Riding up a steep hill,head down,out of the saddle giving it death.The last thing I saw before impact was a very frightened girls face staring out of the back window (tbf he was parked on double yellow lines).

charliemort

had a guy do that in a time trial at about 25 mph

eddiebaby
    Free Member

“Son of a bitch” indeed.

jools182
    Free Member

Amazing amount of buffoons on here

Mine was when I was around 10 or 11, going on a long uphill, struggling in 2nd gear on my Chopper, for some reason staring at the gear lever near my knees 🙂

Morris minor I think. So no damage to car.

MrTall
    Free Member

Just out of interest, for those of you that caused damage to unoccupied cars, how many of you hung around to fess up and pay for any damage?

Just wondering?

My car had its bumper ripped off whilst in a car park and I was just full of joy that the ****t had just driven off leaving me with the bill.

jools182
    Free Member

I didn’t hang around, mostly out of shock and embarrassment 😳

chip
    Free Member

I slid a kmx125 into the back of a stationary car smashing my heel and fracturing my spine.

wwaswas

There’s a bloke round here who’s a quadriplegic as a result of doing exactly what was shown in the OP. He had 3 young children at the time he did it.

scaredypants

I rode into the back of a parked caravan (that I’d ridden past about 3 times) while “sprinting” against my mates, aged about 9. No real damage to me or it.

Then hit a telegraph pole while riding on a pavement on the way back from a night ride – turned my head so as not to blind oncoming cars and straight into the post which was set into the path. Luckily I was going slow as I was knackered after the ride

Edric64
    Free Member

Age 14 rode into a parked Cortina and took a tooth out .I had a pair of new mudguards strapped on the carrier and looked back to check they were secure .Cost me a crown and a new frame for my Dawes 5 Star

aracer
    Free Member

Does the car have to be parked to count? The only time I’ve run into the back of a car was when I was doing ~30mph down a hill (in a 30 limit), a car overtook me and slammed on the brakes to stop to pick up somebody hitching.

SSBonty
    Free Member

Teenaged me looking down to adjust/index his gears going up and down the road. On the third time back down there was a Volvo estate parked where it hadn’t been 2 mins earlier which I didn’t notice until I bounced off the corner and slammed into the ground. After limping home and shaking for a while I did go and offer to pay, annoyingly the entire light cluster was once piece up the side, along the top and down the other side so it wasn’t cheap. Managed to claim on insurance though along with a new saddle and bar ends for the bust ones from hitting the car and ground…

Also surprised it’s so common but then teenaged guys don’t have the best coordinated motor skills, add a bike into the mix and showing off/lack of common sense…

dannyh
    Free Member

As a twelve year old I rode straight into a barbed wire fence. It was slightly difficult to spot as it was grey wire against a dark green field. There were some tyre tracks down into the field, but I really should have twigged. I ended up having a load of stitches in my forearms.

The thing is, I only realized later that the wire had been stapled to the back of the posts and I had ripped it off. Had it been on the other side it could have been very messy indeed.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

I ran into a countryside bench today.
    Up on Shotover and I saw an attractive lady walking towards me. Too busy noticing attractive to notice dog lead hanging from hand.
    Enter Stinger Spaniel stage left.
    I land on arse on bench edge and unbeknownst to me year of a chunk of skin under my long sleeve Tee.
    I don’t realise for ten minutes until I see just how dark and damp my left sleeve is.

wiggles
    Free Member

I was riding some old raleigh BMX when I was about 8 racing my cousin looked back at him and ploughed into the back of a parked tipper lorry, almost impaling myself on the handle of a big latch sticking out of the back, luckily it just skimmed the top of my head… still a lot of blood though.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Paging Samuri and PeterPoddy

Yup. I’ve done it. Snapped a Sanderson Breath frame virtually in two and smashed the windscreen with my face.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Ohh come on Peter, we needed pics

murf
    Free Member

A chap in my class in Primary 7 cycled into the back of a bus. Was showing off and riding no handed while looking to see who was watching.
    His whole face was one giant bruise, I can remember what he looked like to this day!

cokie

I’ve done this. LR Discovery at the bottom of my hill.
    I was in full tuck looking at my stem. Bang.
    No car has ever parked there before 😳 . Not a single mark on the Disco. My private parts were bruised and I hit my face on the stem so a couple cuts and bruises there too.

panzerjager
    Free Member

I managed to pull a similar stunt whilst riding home from Cubs.
    I guess I was around 10 or 11 years old, riding along no-handed & was absolutely fascinated by my shadow overtaking me everytime I passed a lamp post.
    I think I managed to pass about 5 lamp posts before I hit the front of a Ford Cortina, parked on the opposite side of the road. Rolled across the bonnet, up the windscreen & came to a stop on the roof!
    Fortunately there wasn’t a scratch on me, but I rode the rest of the way home with my handlebars at around 45 degrees!
    It still makes me chuckle & shudder in equal amounts, if there’d been a car coming the other way, I’d have been mincemeat.

Junkyard
    Free Member

I feel like some sort of awesome rider as I have never ever done this

Northwind

Ha, Panzerjaher, that’s almost exactly what I did- I was watching my wheel reflectors in the shadow going ooooooh. Straight into a transit van.

aracer
    Free Member

yet 😉

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

My brother and my best mate did this. My brothers incident wasn’t so funny as there was so much blood everywhere….on the road….pouring down his head totally soaking his clothes, however my mates incident was **** hilarious.

The crazy **** road himself back to my rents to get himself to the hospital.

duckman

Closed the old bridge at the bottom of the hill near my mum and dads as they were building a new one. But as you could still get a bike through I ignored the 2 mile diversion. Until the day the middle was missing….

Keva
    Free Member

Yep, another victim of the parked car here. 14 or 15 riding home from school racing my mate. Overtook them down a hill and looked behind to see how far in front I was, smack into the back of a parked car

Junkyard
    Free Member

yet

About he only accident i have not had so you may have a point

I have hit a stationary car on the drivers door …in my defence I had seen it I was trying to stop but the steep hill , ice and the laws of physics conspired to over rule me.

Pickers

Good friend of mine had to eat his Xmas dinner through a straw after doing exactly that….

Xylene
    Free Member

A few weeks back, head down, about to cut a corner on a back country road, giving it some beans, looked up, realised there was a large pot hole, so prepared to bunny hop it on my cx bike, looked down looked back up – bloody great ox stood there. Skid to a hault, just touched it with my front tire, it took off, attached to a rope that was attached to a tree at roughly my neck height, with me pushing backwards as quickly as possible as the ox calmed down.

It must have been hidden in the bushes before, as it certainly wasn’t there when I first looked up. Got a photo of it, to show the little one.

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

i did this cycling up hill – Rowley bank heading from Stafford to the Chase – some guy pulled up and parked, where you clearly shouldn’t, i had my head down, wasn’t going overly fast, bit of a clout, seeing the car last split second and knowing you are screwed stays with me!

bigdaddy

I’ve done it too.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 81 total)

The topic ‘Have we done the cyclist riding into the back of the parked car yet?’ is closed to new replies.