Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • have we done the carlsberg advert yet?
  • iDave
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RS3iB47nQ6E&feature=player_embedded[/video]

Stoner
    Free Member

Ah, but are they praised for their open-heartedness or their fear of being bigotted? 🙂

GrahamS

Oarsum

mrlebowski
    Free Member

Can’t help but be surprised that so many turned round & walked out, how sad….

donsimon
    Free Member

Don’t forget, the ones who walked out had to get back to their keyboards to regail us with their stories of AWESOMENESS. 😀

wwaswas

It did look like a load of village people fans all gathered together in one place, tbh.

If I’d been with my wife we’d have left but only because she *has* to sit on the end of a row in the cinema.

Actually, she might have asked them all to shuffle along a bit so she coudl have the end seat. Teachers, eh!

GrahamS

I wonder if all of those that left were actually “intimidated”?

Personally I wouldn’t fancy sharing a small room with 148 obese men in leather for two hours. It must have smelt like the floormat in a rugby locker room. 😯

andyl
    Free Member

I would have just sat down in the spare seats. I’m there to watch the film not look at the men.

Would have got a free beer too by the looks of it!

They should do a re-make with lots of models in bikinis and watch how quickly the men get dragged out of the cinema by their other halves while trying to clamber to a seat 😀

afrothunder88

Quality!

On a side note, I’ve been to that cinema in Brussels, its by the giant Atom that you can see if you fly into Brussels airport.

bigyinn
    Free Member

I’d have lobbed the bottles of Carlsberg at the screen in disgust.
    *walks off muttering, bloody carlsberg, fizzy crap….*

headfirst
    Free Member

That experiment wouldn’t have worked here in Yorkshire. Every couple would sit down, thinking “we’ve paid for these tickets…”

Cougar

Free beer for not being a prejudiced asshole. There’s a moral here.

hora
    Free Member

Devils advocate but would anyone enter/sit down at all if all the audience were black?

**** off if you think I’m being racist. Its a thought that occurred about peoples prejudices whilst watching.

KennySenior
    Free Member

Well I assume that most if not all black people would for a start. Plus an awful lot of people who aren’t black.

dave360

I’ve been to the cinema when it was full of people from Manchester so don’t talk to me about racism.

hora
    Free Member

I bet you slid your wallet into your undies though.

bigyinn
    Free Member

Clearly he knew you were in the audience already Hora.

PJM1974
    Free Member

Carlsberg. The New Labour of beer.

hora
    Free Member

Does anyone buy/drink Carlsberg?

If I walk into a bar and see it on tap I class the place as a bland glossy fleapit. If you see Carlsberg its normally next to wine on tap.

Gawd I’m a negative **** today.

scarmtb
    Free Member

Brokeback mountain must of been on a special showing!

CaptJon
    Free Member

Presumably those who exited but still appeared in the advert gave their permission to have that footage in the advert… interesting.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Presumably those who exited but still appeared in the advert gave their permission to have that footage in the advert… interesting.

Possibly by walking past a sign saying “by walking past this sign you give permision for your image to be used in a carlsberg advert” or words to that effect? A bit like giving informed consent for a study, if you know what the study’s about you may try and influence it, whereas if you don’t you’ll give more normal answers.

would anyone enter/sit down at all if all the audience were black?

Odly, I reckon I’d be more likely to do that than a room full of bikers (based on prejudice I’ll admit, I know some black people, I dont know any ‘bikers’ thus I’d be more wary of them).

CaptJon
    Free Member

Possibly by walking past a sign saying “by walking past this sign you give permision for your image to be used in a carlsberg advert” or words to that effect? A bit like giving informed consent for a study, if you know what the study’s about you may try and influence it, whereas if you don’t you’ll give more normal answers.

That isn’t informed consent, or even consent. If you take part in a study like that you can only give consent for your details/data/result after you’ve done the test and the full details explained to you.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Yes, but if they don’t claim its a study? They just say they’re using you in an advert? I’ve walked past plenty of signs saying similar in nightclubs, town centers, national trust properties?

cheers_drive

Is this a UK advert? There is actually a really bad biker problem in Scandinavia that accounts for much of the violent crime so perhaps back in Denmark people have a strong reason to be scared of a group of Village People lookylikeys?

cheers_drive

Is this a UK advert? There is actually a really bad biker problem in Scandinavia that accounts for much of the violent crime so perhaps back in Denmark people have a strong reason to be scared of a group of Village People lookylikeys?

pistonbroke
    Free Member

Bu88er me, how long has Brussels been in Scandinavia, these Euro bods will do anything for a laugh.

crankboy
    Free Member

I did have to look twice to work out they were bikers i have met a fair number of Dorothy’s friends who look exactly like that. mind you they tend to have better taste than drinking Carlsberg implys.

CaptJon
    Free Member

thisisnotaspoon – Member
    Yes, but if they don’t claim its a study? They just say they’re using you in an advert? I’ve walked past plenty of signs saying similar in nightclubs, town centers, national trust properties?

I think if you’re identifiable from the images (i.e. not in the background) you need proper permissions. I’ll check with some friends in the TV industry.

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

The topic ‘have we done the carlsberg advert yet?’ is closed to new replies.