Viewing 39 posts - 1 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • Have we done the £700 On-One Fatties yet?
  • wwaswas

http://www.on-one.co.uk/i/q/FBOOFATX5CRU/on-one-fatty-cruiser-sram-x5-fat-bike

Seem to be the standard fat bike just with slicks.

They’ve got their Floaters at £30 an end (were £20 last week) if you want a bit of grip.

Even at £760 seems a bloomin’ good price.

Jamie
    Free Member

That reminds me. Whatever happened to sq225917?

iolo
    Free Member

Ah, another free ad by On One.
    Order the Fatty now, you might get it next christmas.
    Call On One to find out where it is and you wont get through.
    Good luck to all who part with your cash.

oldnpastit

It’s surely only a matter of time before fatbikes stop being cool, and we end up with thousands of them going to landfill.

wwaswas

I ordered a pair of the £20 Floaters last week – they arrived within 48 hours.

People are grown up enough to make their own decisions, I think. [Except where Dave Hinde is concerned 😉 ]

Jamie
    Free Member

Ah, another free ad by On One.
    Order the Fatty now, you might get it next christmas.
    Call On One to find out where it is and you wont get through.

Who pissed on your chips?

nemesis
    Free Member

On One by the sounds of it…

lunge

Tempting that is. Well, it would be if I knew I wouldn’t have to spend £100 almost immediately to replace the Avid brakes. In fact, it’s a shame I sold a set of old Deore brakes the other week, they would have been perfect.

Garry_Lager

That end of the market I’d be holding on for the asda fat bike, mesel. Currently $200 in walmart US – surely they’d shift some over here.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/26-Mongoose-Beast-Men-s-Oversized-All-Terrain-Bike/22861845

mrbelowski
    Free Member

That’s a proper bargain. Fatties are ace, regardless of what you might think of On One’s customer service. The spec looks good too, and I expect the avid brakes will work fine

Northwind

As much as I slag On One, those tyres are awesome.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

and I expect the avid brakes will work fine

IME (2 sets) they’re great when bled properly.

Unfortunately neither AVID in the factory or Fisher when I returned them could do that, and it took me 5+ attempts to get it perfect*.

IF[/u] I bought some again, I’d just return them as soon as they started to go wrong, not worth the time/effort fixing them, and if whever sold them couldn’t fix them, demand some deores.

*then one still went funny over time as if the fluid was expanding/hosecontracting/I’d put new pads in but hadn’t untill I let a dribble of fluid out, then they were fine for a week then went funny again occasionaly pulling back to the bars and needing pumping up a few times to get it to bite.

ohnohesback
    Free Member

The Walmart bike would need brakes to be sold in the UK.

jamiep
    Free Member

Coaster brake

ohnohesback
    Free Member

Brakes for both wheels.

Paceman
    Free Member

Bargain’tastic that there On-One Fatty. For all you naysayers, I challenge you to borrow a Fatbike and hit your local singletrack in the woods and not have a grin on your face at the end of the ride 😛

cozz
    Free Member

its a good price, my fat bike wheels cost more than that !!!

chuck some knobblies on it for winter and sorted

Stoner
    Free Member

ohnohesback – Member
    Brakes for both wheels.

I thought it was two methods of braking rather than brakes for both wheels.

The fatyankee still fails, obviously.

That is a tempting price. Why would they list identical bikes, bar the tyres, for £300 difference?

dirtyrider
    Free Member

It’s surely only a matter of time before fatbikes stop being cool, and we end up with thousands of them going to landfill.

😆 you have no idea do you?

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

I had a Fatty.
    I didn’t like it apart from when I road it on the beach.

At every other point I wished I was on my full sus 29er.

Northwind

dirtyrider – Member

you have no idea do you?

Yeah- with this much metal you don’t send them to landfill, you call webuyanycar.com.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Well I’ve just bought a frame & bits, after drinking enough beer to accept my full suss fat bike project isn’t going to get finished quickly…

andyl
    Free Member

That seems bloomin cheap if its the same as the knobbly tyred one for £300 less.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Ran out of spoons, Al?

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

The Phat Marin won’t live again Al?

bgrunes
    Free Member

Want to press buy on this as I was going to buy a fatty anyway. Is there anything other than the tyres that are different both specs seam the same except tyres? £300 different.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Bear & CFH, I’d like to think MkII will live, but trying to align it all with a hacksaw and file in your bedroom with a jig made out of wood just didn’t seem to be cutting it!

igm

Not many left

16 Inch 1 in stock £699.99
    18 Inch 2 in stock £699.99
    20 inch 2 in stock £699.99

PS if someone fancies a virtually unused orange Vee Rubber Mission and was willing to let me have an orange Floater, I think a deal, possibly including cash, could be done – if they were buying this plus a couple of knobblies for example. The Mission looks fine for the front but the tread pattern looks all wrong for the back.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Coastkid has some orange floaters.

My Fatty frame landed today, 2.6kg, looks well made, chuffed. I have a DIY brake mount/hub spacer solution and only need a headset, seatpost and front mech solution…

wwaswas

DIY brake mount/hub spacer

I knew you wouldn’t let us down 🙂

cynic-al
    Free Member

Neither spoons nor carbon involved tho 🙁

fd3chris
    Free Member

cynic-al what wheel are you putting in to need and spacer/adaptor?

cynic-al
    Free Member

Offset 135mm

m0rk
    Free Member

Isn’t the O-O a 170mm non offset rear?

cynic-al
    Free Member

Yes.

m0rk
    Free Member

So swapping the axle out for a longer one? Interesting

Complicated though?

Drac

Who pissed on your chips?

He’s our resident On-one hater comes to moan on every on-one thread he can.

bgrunes
    Free Member

Well I ordered one on Tuesday night it arrived today at lunch time, excellent service so far. Ordered some floaters as well. Just finished checking over and swapping tyres. Got myself a fat bike!

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

That is a tempting price. Why would they list identical bikes, bar the tyres, for £300 difference?

I suspect the full fat version must be due a price drop as the frame and forks have dropped, shopping arround you could build up a similar bike for the same price so it doesnt make sense having the complete bike at £1k.

Viewing 39 posts - 1 through 39 (of 39 total)

The topic ‘Have we done the £700 On-One Fatties yet?’ is closed to new replies.