Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Have we done Spotify?
  • Rockape63
    Free Member

Only I have taken out the 30 day free trial and love it apart from a few buffering issues. Is this normal…on wifi? 😥

wrightyson
    Free Member

Been a user for 4/5 years I think. Never have any buffering issues via wifi but I am a premium user.

d45yth
    Free Member

The last time I had some buffering issues was when there had been a major update for my phone – obviously you might not be using your phone for streaming, but try a different device if you can to make sure it’s not that.

stumpy01

Been using it for a few months, and not had any issues with buffering. That’s on the free version.
    I think when you go to premium they stick the quality up, so maybe your connection can’t handle the extra data?
    Try turning the quality down and see what happens?

firestarter
    Free Member

If you go premium can you play it not on shuffle. Im currently on deezer but when my phone contract ends im thinking of trying Spotify

martinhutch

My major complaint is the sheer length of time the bloody thing seems to take to get going on my pc these days. And the fact it refused to stop playing Justin Beiber at me this lunchtime when all I wanted was a nice Brahms symphony.

PrinceJohn
    Free Member

If you go premium can you play it not on shuffle

I believe they do that to encourage you pay – however as I hate shuffle I’ve never been able to tolerate testing spotify.

I have used Rdio & that seems good.

d45yth
    Free Member

Martinhutch – if you’ve a smartphone, use the app and stream via Bluetooth – it takes me a few seconds to start playing and of course the phone is the remote too.

martinhutch

Yeah – works fine on smartphone. PC doesn’t have bluetooth capability, sadly.

DezB
    Free Member

Dunno why, but I dislike everything about it.
    Well, I do have a few reasons, irrational hatred being one of them 😆

the-muffin-man

I’ve been using it for a few years now and never noticed any buffering (I get 3mb ish broadband speed).

The app on my desktop/laptop can be slow to load on start-up though so I tend to leave it open.

One tip if you plan on creating playlist for a party is to make all tracks available off-line (need Premium) as heavy usage times like Xmas Day and New Years eve can mean a bit of buffering.

Rockape63
    Free Member

I updated to premium but the feed at work can be shite. Anyway using it at home on my new jawbone jobby from Amazon at a bargain £59 and all is fabulous. Just love thinking of a track and playing it instantly. Currently on Grover Washington Junior ‘the best is yet to come’. 🙂

Lifer
    Free Member

Rockape63 – Member
    I updated to premium but the feed at work can be shite

Download playlists/albums and make available offline.

Rockape63
    Free Member

Is that easy? I’m getting to the point in my life where i need some help on these matters. 🙁

sam_underhill

Is that easy? I’m getting to the point in my life where i need some help on these matters.

yes it is that easy but you can only do it with a premium sub.

wwaswas

I’ve downloaded about a 1500 songs to my phone so I can play stuff in the car without worries about data costs/speed.

I love spotify. Yes, you’re only renting the songs but for a tenner a month it’s well worth it.

jimster01

Been a user for 2/3 years, I used to have buffering issues but since upgrading my phone all has been hunky-dory. 😀

Lifer
    Free Member

Rockape63 – Member

“Download playlists/albums and make available offline.”

Is that easy? I’m getting to the point in my life where i need some help on these matters.

Yeah really easy.

If you’ve got playlists or albums saved on your phone open the playlist and there’s a little slider at the top with ‘make available offline’. Slide that across and it will download. Do that when you’ve got a good wifi connection and it takes seconds to download an album, then you don’t need to worry about having a data connection or wifi.

jambalaya
    Free Member

I love spotify. Yes, you’re only renting the songs but for a tenner a month it’s well worth it.

Even if you paid full price from iTunes that’s 15 albums a year which you then own. You can of course rip them and then resell the CD’s.

If you buy the albums second hand that’s 30 albums a year (assuming £4) which you can then resell.

Assuming you can resell at 50% of what you paid that’s approx 25 new albums or 45 used ones even assuming you only buy/sell once.

That’s a lot of music bought and paid for and owned outright

Bimbler
    Free Member

When I bought a new hifi earlier this year I bought an amp (Yamaha RN-500) with Spotify Connect built in, so simply select whatever you want on your device press the connect button, select device and boom -so it’s not even casting/streaming from your phone, brilliant. The ability to select almost anything you want to listen to from the sofa via your smart device and listen to it on your stereo is excellent. No buffering at all, well possibly, a couple of seconds at startup.

Shame it’s only 320Kb mp3 though.

Rockape63
    Free Member

Thanks Lifer….will do that later.

Bimbler
    Free Member

jambalaya
    Free Member

nice 😀

Time is money @blimbler, so I appreciate people here willing to pay a premium for Spotify. I buy 5-10 Albums a year so am saving money and can listen to streaming/broadcast radio/soundcloud for free.

Lifer
    Free Member

jambalaya – Member

Even if you paid full price from iTunes that’s 15 albums a year which you then own. You can of course rip them and then resell the CD’s.

If you buy the albums second hand that’s 30 albums a year (assuming £4) which you can then resell.

Assuming you can resell at 50% of what you paid that’s approx 25 new albums or 45 used ones even assuming you only buy/sell once.

Second hand market means nothing at all goes to the artist.

I have spotify premium but probably spend 3 or 4 times that amount on purchasing music a month. As well as using it as my portable device it’s a great tool for finding new stuff.

the-muffin-man

I save money, time and space with Spotify by not buying CDs that usually have a couple of goods songs on, then play them a couple of time and then for them to get stuffed in the CD rack never to be played again.

And like most folk I can’t be bothered to list CDs on eBay for the pittance you get for them.

Rockape63
    Free Member

anyway check out the jawbone jambox on Amazon for a portable speaker. its normally £159 and its selling for £59……its bloomin excellent I tell thee!

sharkbait
    Free Member

Slightly missing the point though. To buy an album you first need to know what you want.
    Spotify introduces you to new music that you wouldn’t have heard otherwise. It allows you to revisit those sounds from your past that you’d never buy on CD.
    Having a party and need music… easy download a playlist from the 1000’s available.
    In addition, I share my premium sub with my 3 girls who use it constantly for all their different tastes. Need to go for a family sub though as we can’t all listen simultaneously.

robinlaidlaw
    Free Member

Even if you paid full price from iTunes…. owned outright

The point for me is that you get a chance to try out new artists and albums with no risk, so you don’t end up buying albums that you only listen to a couple of times. That and the ability to access pretty much anything you can think of at any time.
    Edit: Beaten to it.

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘Have we done Spotify?’ is closed to new replies.