Viewing 8 posts - 81 through 88 (of 88 total)
  • Have we done – School marked down by Ofsted for being 'too white'.
  • binners

Well if you’re both going the pub, then so am I

Cheers!

😛

crankboy
    Free Member

Not really studied much human history have you badnewz.

Diversity has been a major strength of many civilisations Greece, Persia,Macedonia Rome, USA, Australia, USSR etc .

Heterosexuality while universal as a norm has not been the only accepted sexuality throughout history .

Sexual promiscuity has rarely been frowned on and has often been encouraged and given legal recognition .

The raising of children in families has been actually prohibited in some ultra conservative cultures and was recently actively avoided by our own upper classes who handed them first to paid professionals and then to boarding schools.

sootyandjim
    Free Member

The teaching union, Ofsted, and the teachers are all working to churn out politically correct youngsters who will rally to support anti-conservative causes, especially multi-culturalism.

Even if this were true (which it’s not by a long chalk) you say it like it’d be a bad thing.

You’re on the list btw. Once we sweep the right wingers from power you and your pals will be first against the wall.

Come Comrades one and all, rise up and crush the enemies of the people.

(Signed S&J, union member nurse, married to a union rep teacher.)

miketually
    Free Member

people throughout human history have generally preferred conservative culture and lifestyles (heterosexual marriage, the raising of children in families, a negative attitude to sexual promiscuity, and a preference to live in substantially un-diversified communities).

So long as you only look at relatively recent history, where the Abrahamic religions (and their resultant cultures) were dominant. Even then, it was only the lower classes who were expected to keep to those morals, while the upper classes were all shagging anything that moved.

I’m just a pinko-liberal, but I’m rather glad people can, pretty much, marry and/or shag whoever they find to consent these days. And think how crap our food would be if we hadn’t diversified a little.

cheekyboy
    Free Member

Hang on there folks !

Ofsted ain`t teachers Ofsted are the regulators, I thought teachers hated Ofsted ?

Anyway both my kids are doing quite well at state school, this is due in part to their excellent genetic make up and the fact that all of the teachers I have met at PT evenings come across as hardworking, caring conchyhenchous types, this is quite encouraging as all of my teachers at secondary school 76-81 were a bunch of hassholes.
    Because of the hard work by all of his teachers my son has been guaranteed a place at the University of Pyongyang

TheBrick
    Free Member

I’d argue left-wing politics has moved into a more subtle area, that is cultural politics (promotion of diversity, sex education/permissiveness, along with choosing to study a historical narrative that undermines British culture) rather than economics these days.

I used to like the old school Marxists like Christopher Hill, who were explicit about their economic aims. My supervisor, who had studied under Hill, had largely abandoned traditional economic marxism in the 80s, whilst embracing political correctness and the diversity agenda, which included a very hostile attitude to what he called conservative culture.

That because its overly simplistic to describe politics by left / right. The political compass adds authoritarian / libertarian but even that is in reality overly simplistic. Main stream parties like to try and polarise debate because it is easier to get people to vote against the opposition than for their own party, and if you offer a simple left / right argument the only ones left to vote for are your party.

molgrips
    Free Member

300 kids in my secondary school, no non-whites. There was one girl who had slightly olive skin and people called her ****. Even the insults were clueless.

I never met anyone non white until I was at 6th form college where there was a lad of indian descent in the squash club. Fortunately I never got around to asking him what VJ stood for.

aracer
    Free Member

Apologies for thread resurrection – missed this first time round and only went searching because I assumed you lot would be talking about it when a BNP (!!!!) post appeared on my FB timeline because a friend commented on it.

I rate that article – and by extension Mr Graeme Paton as “Requires improvement”.

Given that this forum apparently abhors the DM and its attitudes, there are a surprising amount of comments on this thread which wouldn’t look out of place there. Thankfully there are some “left wing bully-boys” on here making more sensible points. I’ll try not to repeat much of what’s been said, but have the following to add:

I live in a similarly mono-cultural village and the school my kids go to received a similar comment on a previous Ofsted report (though despite claims in the article, our report provides evidence that that is not a sufficient reason to refuse an Outstanding rating). No such comment in our latest report – kids now go on trips to inner city areas where they get experience of cultural diversity – the advantages of such experiences have already been described above. Personally I am very glad they get this experience, just as I would be glad if they went to visit farms and forests (some of the other places they do go to) if we lived in the inner city.

Viewing 8 posts - 81 through 88 (of 88 total)

The topic ‘Have we done – School marked down by Ofsted for being 'too white'.’ is closed to new replies.