Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Have we done Minnaar and Peaty not riding the MSA World Cup this weekend?
  • I_Ache
    Free Member

And riding the Enduro World Series instead.

Santa Cruz must see the EWS as pretty important for the future of MTB racing. Well that our they really don’t like the UCI.

mikey74
    Free Member

Minnaar is. He came 5th in qualifying.

Edric64
    Free Member

Peaty is a bit past it now anyway,so maybe he is trying his luck at something else?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    mikey74
    Free Member

I wouldn’t say currently sitting 10th in the world cup standings is “past it”

lister

Weird Peaty has chosen to miss MSA, it’s a track well suited to him. I’d understand if he missed a round in Champery for example but I guess SC are happy for him to fly the flag elsewhere.

Enduro looks fun, but it can’t be a match for a good WC round when it comes to spectators and out and out pressure and speed. Doubt I’d ever go and watch one, but I’d happily spend the day on the side of a proper DH course…

tails
    Free Member

They’ve both won everything the UCI has to offer!

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

Minnaar is racing & Peaty isn’t at the EWS, he’s at home with his parents.

ska-49
    Free Member

That qualifying list is great!
    Smith, Hart, Gwin & Hill are all up top. Sunday should be great.
    What happened to Gee? Mechanical?

I_Ache
    Free Member

Oops sorry misread a leaderboard.

I certainly wouldn’t say peaty is past it, he keeps delivering much better results than a lot of the younger guys.

nickc

crashed

mactheknife

Edric 64 – Member
    Peaty is a bit past it now anyway,so maybe he is trying his luck at something else?

Past it? there are guys half his age who cant even get near his wheel on the Downhill circuit. Yerp age is not on his side but for an old geezer he is absolutely ripping.

Plus the more i read about him and what he gives back to the sport the more respect i have to give him. total out and out legend.

rOcKeTdOg

He’s only 39! Old?? LOL

hora
    Free Member

40 is old? You realise that there are active/serving soldiers in the SAS past and present well into their 40’s.

deviant
    Free Member

Most SF soldiers of that age will be the first to admit that they dont have the physical condition they had in their 20’s….they have more experience though, which in their line of work counts for a lot.

When i was heavily into weights and power lifting in particular it was widely accepted that a male reaches his physical peak (strength wise) in his mid 30’s….top level athletic performance beyond that point is the exception rather than the rule, look at any number of sports (including DH mountain biking), Peaty is one of those exceptions.

I’m not knocking blokes of that age (i’m 35 myself) and guys like Troy Bayliss, Ryan Giggs, Jason Leonard, Steve Peat etc are hugely inspirational to those of us who waved goodbye to our 20’s some time ago….all the time he can race with the kids then he should absolutely be there, when he is finally off the pace he can retire with his head held high.

hora
    Free Member

Deviant its how you look after yourself whilst younger. Thats key. Many blokes in their 30’s have dodgy/niggling knee injuries etc already.

People arent as good as their 20’s due to diet, injury etc IMO.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

You get toughr and better endurance as you age, but its harder to produce the sustained burst of power. Ranulph Feinnes book on the topic of aging and fitness is very interesting. He is not the power he was, but Peatys performances in a young mans sport are highly creditable, rarely out of top 20 he’s at the top of the field still. How does he do it?!in one vid, bryceland said he’s like a Rad Dad; he really looks up to Peaty.

steve_b77
    Free Member

tails – Member
    They’ve both won everything the UCI has to offer!

I think you may have forgotten about some bicycle based events that don’t focus on flying down the side of a mountain, I mean there can’t be many other disciplines out there ……… oh, hang on!

chakaping
    Free Member

Maybe that’s it, he’s quietly given up DH and he’ll be leading Team Sky in the TdF next year.

Hopk1ns
    Free Member

This forums brilliant, always entertaining.

Coyote
    Free Member

I think you may have forgotten about some bicycle based events that don’t focus on flying down the side of a mountain, I mean there can’t be many other disciplines out there ……… oh, hang on!

MTB forum. He’s competed at XC and DH. Not sure about 4X but highly probable. Yup, all UCI MTB disciplines available to him pretty much covered.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Have we done Minnaar and Peaty not riding the MSA World Cup this weekend?’ is closed to new replies.