Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Have we done grit.cx yet?
  • CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

If not, why not?

Why now? Well CX is booming and there’s almost no manufacturer out there that doesn’t have some CX models already in their range. CX bikes are great for much more than just racing. They are tough bikes that are as much at home commuting through city streets as they are being hauled around muddy Belgian fields in the winter.

Good luck with it, and well done to Mark for not using the word “gravel”!

wwaswas

planning meeting today with the unnamed new editor today according to twitter.

(I think we did do it – haterz going to hate was the conclusion – but no reason not to do it again)

mrblobby
    Free Member

Done briefly here. Be interested to see what it does cover seeing as CX seems to be about the least common use of CX bikes going by postings on here.

miketually
    Free Member

If it’s anything like the cx ‘supplement’ in the mag in the recent past, it’ll be great. I love my cx bike.

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

A magazine dedicated to people who buy bikes on the C2W scheme. Genius!

mrblobby
    Free Member

If it’s anything like the cx ‘supplement’ in the mag in the recent past, it’ll be great. I love my cx bike.

What was in it? May check that out. What issue was it?

A magazine dedicated to people who buy bikes on the C2W scheme. Genius!

I really hope it’s not this. If it’s got rack/guard mounts it’s not a CX bike!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Thanks, MrB, and apologies for any duplication! I done did a search and everyfink.

miketually
    Free Member

What was in it? May check that out. What issue was it?

Can’t remember which issue it was, sorry.

Jake25

The cx ‘supplement’ was at the end of issue 78

clubber
    Free Member

miketually – Member

+1

I still think it should have been called “Gravel Grindr” though 😉

If it’s got rack/guard mounts it’s not a CX bike!

Whoo hooo! I have approval from someone I don’t know that my CX bike is a CX bike 🙂 Sadly it seems my old CX bike isn’t a CX bike. Which kind of confuses me as it does the same thing and doesn’t really ride that differently.

😉

Houns

Rather it be in Singletrack. Race info and it being aimed at people who post comments such as “If it’s got rack/guard mounts it’s not a CX bike!” Is not what I’d want to read

clubber
    Free Member

I want race info. I also want it to include all the other brilliant stuff you can do on CX bikes that isn’t racing.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Rather it be in Singletrack. Race info and it being aimed at people who post comments such as “If it’s got rack/guard mounts it’s not a CX bike!” Is not what I’d want to read

TBH, I don’t really read the ST mag that often, so I’m guessing that the CX version will likewise not really appeal to the “If it’s got rack/guard mounts it’s not a CX bike!” crowd. So you’ll probably be ok 🙂

clubber
    Free Member

Yay! 😀

dragon
    Free Member

What’s grit got to do with anything? CX is about mud and grass mostly. If we are talking a mag for mud-guarded steel frames, with panniers and riders with beards, then I think the CTC had that covered long ago.

Mark

I don’t think you will be disappointed 🙂
    next official announcement on progress and name of the new editor will be 2nd April. Also, from the whiteboard of rejected names… “Really Cross” 🙂

Jamie
    Free Member

Hopefully they will set up a forum, with avatars, and all of us CX owners can decamp over there 8)

tang
    Free Member

Fingers crossed…

Mark

No avatars.
    Nope. Absolutely not.

🙂

househusband

Forum avatars – please no… they are the devil’s faeces.

Drac

No avatars.
    Nope. Absolutely not.

This is why.

Jamie
    Free Member

It wud be awsum.

Houns

Do me! Do me! Dooooooo meeeeeee!

cynic-al
    Free Member

Are they launching http://www.fix.ie?

househusband

That devil avatar is far too cute for me!

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘Have we done grit.cx yet?’ is closed to new replies.