Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • Have we done David Kelly?
  • nonk
    Free Member

oh yes thats been done.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

The CIA done it

julianwilson
    Free Member

the method he had apparently chosen to commit suicide was not a recognised or effective one.

damn right.

chorlton
    Free Member

We have been to the moon and everything.

You should know this buzz 🙂

simonralli2
    Free Member

No finger prints on the knife
    Not much blood
    Extreme improbability of loss of blood from the artery that was supposed to have been cut
    Body moved position after being found
    No motive for comiting suicide – he was looking forward to his daughter's wedding
    Long term injury to his arm meant he was not strong enough to use a knife anyway on his wrist
    Records locked away for 70 years with no explanation
    Inadequate post-mortem as criticised by the UK's top doctors
    Same top doctors say extremely unlikely to have died the way we are being asked.
    Kelly jokes with a colleague a few weeks beforehand that he is likely to be found dead somewhere.

So can someone tell me how he was supposed to have committed suicide with these known facts? Can someone give me a scenario that is even vaguely plausible for suicide.

I think the sad thing is that our establishment knows they can get away with this kind of bull**** because most of the population are so docile and stupid that they will not question, nor complain and still vote for those who went along with the Iraq war and and who will maintain that it was suicide.

Junkyard
    Free Member

what simon said but with more anger and swearing

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Can someone give me a scenario that is even vaguely plausible for suicide.

Maybe he was a victim of bullying ……… perhaps Alastair Campbell and Tony Blair kept sending him nasty text messages.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Maybe he was a member of Singletrackworld?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

I am not usually one for conspiracy theories usually but this one really does stink,

The medical evidence certainly does not point to suicide

Bregante

Have we done David Kelly?

well I know I didn't but I can't speak for the rest

backhander
    Free Member

whatever the cause, I find the whole episode quite saddening, I bet the man didn't get into science to be used as an excuse for war.
    Not our best moment IMHO. RIP Dr Kelly.

aracer
    Free Member

Exactly my thoughts, TJ. Occam's Razor usually suggests CTs are a load of rubbish – quite the opposite in this case.

nickc

No finger prints on the knife none were found, not quite the same thing
    Not much blood that the paramedics could see
    Extreme improbability of loss of blood from the artery that was supposed to have been cut improbable, but not impossible
    Body moved position after being found the paramedics, again?
    No motive for comiting [sic] suicide – he was looking forward to his daughter's wedding apart from the obvious massive pressure he was under professionally

Do I think his death was suspicious, dunno, I'm not an expert, I'm also not one for conspiracy theories. I suspect, the autopsy probably wasn't the greatest ever carried out (see Ian Tomlinson for how to mess it up), and that this was very very convenient for the govt at the time. I suspect poor Dr Kelly probably did take his own life.

Doesn't make it all less shoddy though

brant
    Free Member

Life often stranger than fiction – http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rodrigo_Rosenberg_Marzano

As for Dr Kelly, I doubt we'll ever find out the truth.

roadie_in_denial
    Free Member

I think something to keep in mind whilst discussing these matters is that, as far as I know, no-one here was at the scene when he was found, so all we can go on is what we read in the papers/see in the media. I'm not a medical expert of any sort so can't even cast any sort of professional opinion on the few facts that are presented in the media.

That said…the whole thing stinks.

allthepies
    Free Member

Wot nickc said.

iDave
    Free Member
    konabunny
    Free Member

as far as I know, no-one here was at the scene when he was found, so all we can go on is what we read in the papers/see in the media

Fair enough – the fact that we're all amateurs is part of the reason why the public needs to have confidence that the people who are experts (coroners etc) know what they're doing and have done their job properly.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

The act of taking one's own life has been decriminalised hasn't it?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

This is cruicial to me. These are real experts with real knowledge and they find it disconcerting enough to make public their concerns.

The move comes after nine experts, including Michael Powers, a QC and former coroner, and Julian Blon, a professor of intensive care medicine, called for a full inquest into Kelly's death saying the official finding – haemorrhage from the severed artery – was "extremely unlikely".

"Insufficient blood would have been lost to threaten life," they wrote in a letter published in the Times.

"Absent a quantitative assessment of the blood lost and of the blood remaining in the great vessels, the conclusion that death occurred as a consequence of haemorrhage is unsafe," the letter continued.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

No finger prints on the knife none were found, not quite the same thing

😕 How is it "not quite the same thing" ?

Are you saying there might have been fingerprints on the knife, but the police were unable to find any ?

That sounds even more suspicious.

gonefishin
    Free Member

…a professor of intensive care medicine, called for a full inquest into Kelly's death saying the official finding – haemorrhage from the severed artery – was "extremely unlikely".

Now was he actually involved with the case 'coz experts sticking their nose into something that they were never involved with always ends will.

Except for this very famous case where the opinion of Roy Meadows got Sally Clark wrongly convicted of the murder of her two children.

br
    Free Member

They are only opening it to see if they can make any political 'capital' out of it.

JulianA
    Free Member

This book also concludes that it wasn't suicide.

konabunny
    Free Member

They are only opening it to see if they can make any political 'capital' out of it.

Yes, I'm sure the Tories are not too worried about the prospect of Blair etc looking like assassins. OTOH, A-G would have to convince [independent, non-political] High Court judge that there is a good reason to hold a new inquest and then a [independent, non-political] coroner would have to actually perform it and deliver a verdict. Also, the Tories are not going to be wildly keen to stir up discussions about Iraq when they were in favour of the invasion and occupation, surely?

philjunior
    Free Member

It did seem odd to me at the time that all doubts were swept under the carpet very quickly with a thoroughly inadequate investigation, especially considering the circumstances.

To put it another way – considering the loss of life in the Iraq war, which was entered into either through vast stupidity or knowingly on false pretences for political gain, and considering how politically damaging he could have been had he stayed alive, what would it matter to have one more dead man on Blair's hands?

(excuse any typos, bit of insomnia at the moment…)

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

The truth is so damaging to "national interest" that it has to be hidden from the public for 70 years.

GrahamS

My father-in-law was an old friend of David Kelly (went to each others weddings when they were younger).

He doesn't believe for a second that it was suicide, but the Kelly family (for whatever reason) want to leave it be.

hora
    Free Member

Records locked away for 70 years with no explanation

Why would the government do this? Zero transparency shown.

gordimhor

This thread is being watched by "interested parties" 😉

brant
    Free Member
    simonralli2
    Free Member

A textbook from the same school who brought us the release of a terrorist with just 3 months to live.

GrahamS

A textbook from the same school who brought us the release of a terrorist with just 3 months to live

🙄

Hardly the same thing: possible state assassination versus entirely legal release on compassionate grounds.

Inconvenient that he didn't die on schedule, but such things are hardly an exact science. I believe Ronnie Biggs is still ticking after his compassionate release.

petrieboy

i took the statement "textbook" as an underhand way of saying "whoever killed him obviously read the textbook"

Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)

The topic ‘Have we done David Kelly?’ is closed to new replies.