Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Have we done… CrossDuro yet?
  • bennyboy1
    Free Member

I’ve heard about an upcoming 130km, 5 timed segment gravel, CX-Enduro ‘CrossDuro’ that’s happening. Looks like 3 of the segments are gravel trails / bridleways / sections of the Ridgeway and 2 of the sections are tarmac / gravel mix.

Anyone from here done anything similar? An interesting gravel take on the Enduro mtb format.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Do gravel riders even race 😉

ehrob

The people that call it crossduro can be consigned to the same pit of despair reserved for those previously referring to gravity enduro as gravduro.

scotroutes

Racing on a bridleway- is that not illegal?

akira

Would you prefer CXXX!

qwerty
    Free Member

Bears all the Fabric of Grinduro.

cookeaa

So is it riding Bridalway’s between short “courses” (muddy fields?) bash out a times lap and then trundle on the Bridalway to the next timed bit?

Sort of sounds fun if that’s the format…

Got a Link OP?

cookeaa

Edit: found it

17 June 2017 – CrossduroOxford #XDO17 [ 130km with 1,400m of ascent]

Looks like the shortest of the lot. Can’t do it this weekend..

mattyfez

Oh. For. God’s. Sake.

Edit: I’m not even religious.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

*Waits for first crossduro specific bike*

bennyboy1
    Free Member

Cookeaa – yeah, that’s the one. 5 Strava timed sections along the route, lowest accumulated time wins.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I quite like the idea, one of the reasons I could never be arsed with CX was driving halfway across the south east to ride round a field for an hour then drive home again.

That and I’ve become allergic to effort.

crosshair
    Free Member

I was thinking about how you could do something similar on Salisbury Plain on Sunday. The problem being that you have to cross a couple of busy main roads. But in an enduro format, these could easily be part of the non timed sections with marshalls helping people across.

Do they literally just administer it through Strava or do they have timers as well??

chakaping
    Free Member

I preferred “Gran Fonduro”, which Tweed Love did a year or so ago.

scottfitz
    Free Member

This! how can they market this as a race? Should be classed as a none competitive sportive that just passed through some strava segments.

scotroutes

I guess it’s OK as long as the timed sections aren’t on bridleways so they’re only being used for transition.

scottfitz
    Free Member

This! how can they market this as a race? Should be classed as a none competitive sportive that just passed through some strava segments.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Have we done… CrossDuro yet?’ is closed to new replies.