Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Have UKIP discovered the source of Bongo mags?
  • wwaswas

and is a news conference really the place to be reading them?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-23597233

They do love a bit of cheap publicity, don’t they.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

The spirit of Alan Clarke lives on…

rogerthecat
    Free Member

The Daily Mash comes up trumps:

“We don’t get any aid, says president of Bongobongoland”

http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/news/international/we-dont-get-any-aid-says-president-of-bongobongoland-2013080777988

MussEd
    Free Member

Not having any of this. Mr Bloom is never racist! He’s always so nice to Sebastian the French Aubergine, even if his treatment of the cheeky wee Mcgregors might be construed as anti-Scottish.

SD-253
    Free Member

He is correct pity about his choice of words, as that just gives the politically correct middle class (so called) liberals a way of calling UKIP racist. If you given aid for the poor they just reduce there government spending on the needy by the same amount. India is prime example. If we are going to give aid at least we should choose what to give it for AND to be on the ground to see that’s what it is being used for?

SD-253
    Free Member

PS maybe it may get him extra votes? After all its what the majority of people think (the money is being wasted)

Junkyard
    Free Member

He is correct pity about his choice of words, as that just gives the politically correct middle class (so called) liberals a way of calling UKIP racist.

No he is not correct and he could easily avoid the charge of racism by simply not using language with racist overtones or apologising when he does it. Even UKIP has told him to moderate it

If you given aid for the poor they just reduce there government spending on the needy by the same amount. India is prime example.

Proof please of this linear relationship in all countries and India in particular- ie its not true what you say

If we are going to give aid at least we should choose what to give it for AND to be on the ground to see that’s what it is being used for?

Yes I am sure the govt dept/minister had not thought of that bit and they just draw things out of hat raffle style

As per the other thread the issue of worthy of debate but if you think language like he used and claims such as yours help the debate they dont

People will draw conclusions about your motivations if you use language like that, defend the language or use made up facts and non truths to support your/his view.

EDIT:

After all its what the majority of people think (the money is being wasted)

Just because it is what you think that does not mean the majority do.

I enjoy it when folk insist t hey speak for them majority – even more so when they speak for the silent majority

All the studies seem to agree that 6 out of 10 agree it is morally right to give aid though they may debate the amount
    http://www.ippr.org/images/media/files/publication/2012/06/public-attitudes-aid-development_June2012_9297.pdf

footflaps

Even as a left wing, hand wringing, Guardian reading liberal, I do think it is odd that we give aid money to countries with Space and Nuclear programs…

wwaswas

He’s got form;

http://internationalmanofbigotry.tumblr.com/

On women: “I just don’t think they clean behind the fridge enough

As far as I am concerned man-made global warming is nothing more than a hypothesis that hasn’t got any basis in fact.

Junkyard
    Free Member

footflaps I dont disagree that we may not be sending it to the most needy – hence the comments on the other thread about aid being linked to UK strategic and economic goals

they are not top of my list of the needy tbh

freeagent
    Free Member

Even as a left wing, hand wringing, Guardian reading liberal, I do think it is odd that we give aid money to countries with Space and Nuclear programs…

Couldn’t agree more – the current situation is mental.

But then overseas ‘aid’ has often been more about buying political influence than actually helping people…

johnellison
    Free Member

After all its what the majority of people think (the money is being wasted)

Just because it is what you think that does not mean the majority do.

But it’s not the majority who are heard in most cases, just the ones who shout loudest.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Have UKIP discovered the source of Bongo mags?’ is closed to new replies.