Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Have they killed Swinley?
  • DezB
    Free Member

Just received an email which includes this:

A single direction cycle trail loop in Swinley Forest starting and finishing at The Look Out Discovery Centre has been put together now and together with the fire roads will be the only trail available to cyclists from April. We understand that all the other single track trails through the Forest will be stopped up, blocked or grubbed up, as cycling on these routes will no longer be allowed. Forest rangers will be patrolling the Forest to ensure that cyclists keep to the new marked trails at all times.

What have they done? Does the new loop include the Labyrinth etc?

soobalias
    Free Member

bit of “wait and see”, with a healthy dose of “wont go back” and a dash of “only effects atgni weekend warriors”

suspect the labyrinth will go along with some really nice singletrack. They will call it a ‘red’ trail and there will be a couple of logs to drop off of.

DezB
    Free Member

“only effects atgni weekend warriors”

Hence this news getting more attention on the “chat” forum!

DezB
    Free Member

Hmph. Other thread now moved.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

suspect the labyrinth will go along with some really nice singletrack. They will call it a ‘red’ trail and there will be a couple of logs to drop off of.

AFAIK labrynth is still there and deerstalker, not sure about babymaker etc though.

The only notable loss that i could see was mini alps, and a few other sections that were generaly boggy linking/parralel bits anyway. And TT/seagull/stickler can’t be ridden in reverse anymore.

I’m in the “wait untill next weekend (when the bulk of it re-opens) and see, and I ride it mostly at night anyway” group.

dashed
    Free Member

Can’t see labrynth going as the new red route uses deerstalker – it’s all about protecting nesting areas for birds so nothing really to be gained from closing Babymaker when there will be so much traffic so close to it. Some of the new stuff is fun but not challenging. Not found the logs to drop off…

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Have they killed Swinley?’ is closed to new replies.