• This topic has 20 replies, 18 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by D0NK.
Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Have 'The Rules' disappeared?
  • makecoldplayhistory
    Free Member

At http://www.velominati.com/the-rules/ all I get is a strange comment about no comments matching my request.

A friend has just built a tourer. I need a lost of the rules he’s broken (at least 7, I think).

Thanks

njee20
    Free Member

I also can’t find them on there. I can’t imagine they’d get rid of them.

stumpy01

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Gary_M
    Free Member

Maybe the book publishers wanted them pulled from the site.

makecoldplayhistory
    Free Member

Thanks for the link.

Guess it’s a glitch on The V.’s website. Well, I hope so. I did wonder when I saw ads for a book….

iainc

thankfully I have the hardback book version on my bedside cabinet 🙂

Gary_M
    Free Member

Thankfully I have ‘The Rules’ stored in my head 🙂

jambalaya
    Free Member

My colleague has a copy on his desk. I have a copy of the Chamonix Bike Book on mine. We are quite well covered I feel.

retro83
    Free Member

The only rule that matters is number 5 anyway.

fasthaggis

Thankfully ,I have ignore all ‘The Rules’ stored in my head 😛

bigblackshed

Stand down. They’re back up…….

Phewwww. And rule 5. 😉

brooess
    Free Member

Just post up a pic of your bike or ask a question about kit/new components etc and we’ll tell you what the rules are, in fairly direct terms 🙂

MoreCashThanDash

Wow, how did we get so many rules?

Which reminds me, need to explain to LittleMissMC (aged 7) that half wheeling is not allowed!

garage-dweller

Love the rules for a bit of a laugh.

Like my EPMS on the road bike for a lack of over stuffed pockets.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

iainc – Member
    thankfully I have the hardback book version on my bedside cabinet

I got the hardback version as it’s much better to shove up the arse of up tight roadies who complain about having a pump on the frame etc.

footflaps

Which reminds me, need to explain to LittleMissMC (aged 7) that half wheeling is not allowed!

I once made the mistake of half wheeling Michael Hutchinson on a 100mile reliability ride, didn’t know who he was at the time. It didn’t end well.

Cougar

What’s half wheeling when it’s at home?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Half wheeling LMGTFY 😉

MrNice
    Free Member

speaking of Michael Hutchinson, I saw him on the cycle show and realized we should have had him on the lookalikes thread

tlr

That’s not really half wheeling, that’s overlapping wheels.

Half wheeling is when you are riding at the front of a group 2×2 and the guy next to you always has half a wheel in front of you rather than being level with you. It means you always feel like you need to catch him up and so the pace increases beyond what it should be. Generally half wheeling is done unknowingly and will be vehemently denied by the half wheeler.

Old boys seem very keen to beat you about the head with a frame pump if you do this to them!

D0NK

Half wheeling LMGTFY

I thought halfwheeling was being half a wheel infront of the person next to you, subconsciously the other person always feel they are trying to catch up to you.

I once made the mistake of half wheeling Michael Hutchinson on a 100mile reliability ride, didn’t know who he was at the time. It didn’t end well.

did he rip your legs off? It takes two to get battered, the batterer needs a willing batteree, you could have eased off and let him go, you only have yourself to blame.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Have 'The Rules' disappeared?’ is closed to new replies.