Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Have Shimano prices gone up again?
  • mtbtomo
    Free Member

Ok, so I saw Shimano prices went up by about 30% a few weeks ago. Now XT chainsets are £165 (and SLX £110) at CRC. The XT are nearly double what they were this time last year!

simondbarnes

Not been a further increase since the huge one 3 weeks or so ago.

julianwilson
    Free Member

xt was still ‘only’ £120ish at merlin when i looked this morning.

akira

Some companies will be waiting until they get stock in at the new prices so you might still be able to pick up a bargain.

Dibbs
    Free Member

£205.52 at Ultimate Pursuits (the UK Shimano importers website).
    Ultimate Pursuits

JollyGreenGiant
    Free Member

Prices do seem to be all other the place with Merlin by far the cheapest for Shimano at the moment.
    I wonder how long it will be before they put theirs up to match the likes of CRC and Wiggle?

Considering that they the strength of the yen has increased by 24%,I am wondering how prices on that chainset have increased by over 60%?As you say some items seem to have almost doubled,since last year such as XT cassettes.The prices seem to have hit XT stuff the hardest.

I wonder if Shimano are using the currency angle and manufacturing costs as a smokescreen,to bring their prices up to SRAM levels.

On some road bike websites,I have noiced that in some cases it maybe chepaer to go for Campag…….

Nobody`s going to be choosing Shimano as the default choice anymore just because its cheaper.

I may well get SRAM X9 shifters and mech next time,seeing as XT and X9 are now on a level playing field price wise.

sootyandjim
    Free Member

If the prices get any higher I may have to do the unthinkable and go singlespeed again.
    :yikes:

Kuco

The way x9 mechs breaks it still be cheaper to stick with xt.

Q
    Free Member

If the prices get any higher I may have to buy XT instead of XTR. What’s the World coming to! 😉

I_Ache
    Free Member

The new deore looks very tempting now. Its a good job they have redesigned it.

wysiwyg
    Free Member

SRAM went up again on tues.

v10
    Free Member

Looks like its just the chains that have gone up on the SRAM stuff at the moment.

That or they havent updated there b2b which is a more likely story 🙄

wysiwyg
    Free Member

Apparently its everything.

Dibbs
    Free Member

I bought an XTR caliper and rotor this morning, it was marked £137 on the box 😯

mtbtomo
    Free Member

I paid £80 for some XTR pedals two weeks ago at CRC, this was supposedly the ‘discounted’ price – the WMB magazine review said £80 RRP a few months ago. Looking last night they were up to £104….

sq225917
    Free Member

mmmm Raising to SRAm prices, now there’s a thought…

theflatboy
    Free Member

got a set of avid ultimates for my new bike a few weeks ago. was doing the insurance valuation and checked the RRP – it’s now £500 for a set of F&R 😮 😆

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Have Shimano prices gone up again?’ is closed to new replies.