Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Have Rockshox made a Reba/Revelation with maxle and coil springs?
  • rockthreegozy
    Free Member

Guessing the answer is no- if so, what other options are out there?

Also, what difference in feel/performance is there between solo air and dual air?

warpcow
    Free Member

I'm pretty sure they made the Rev. with coils up until about 2008. Newer coil Recons are vaguely similar to the old rev.

rockthreegozy
    Free Member

But not with a maxle.. like the weight of my 2010 Dual Air Revs, just not the best performance in my opinion..

owenfackrell
    Free Member

Solo air uses a self adjusting negative spring while dual air allows you to fine tune it. I belive the new recon has a coil spring and maxel.

warpcow
    Free Member

I think that's why they dumped it. Anyone who wanted coil and maxle bought a Pike anyway. There is a Recon in this years lineup which is basically just an old coil Rev., with Maxle (the 351 U-turn model). Only problem would be that it's U-turn, if you didn't want that.

coolhandluke
    Free Member

Cool, I miss my old 2008 coil revelations. if only they'd done a maxle version then…

I think I may get some coil maxle recons then.

rockthreegozy
    Free Member

351 appears to be Solo-air in the maxle version!

warpcow
    Free Member

The info is pretty confusing, and there's no guarentee these are available in the UK but:
    Click

the picture shows the maxle for the coil at least.

househusband

Won't the forthcoming Sektor be available with maxle and coil?

chakaping
    Free Member

Won't the forthcoming Sektor be available with maxle and coil?

I think that's 15mm axle. Unless it comes in both sizes.

househusband

I think that's 15mm axle. Unless it comes in both sizes.

From the RS page I linked to: 9mm QR, 15mm Maxle Lite, 20mm Maxle Lite

Sounds like all options covered!

Christowkid
    Free Member

I'm interested in the Sektor, as i want a maxle coil fork instead of my qr coil Rev.
    It appears the Sektor does come in all options as HH up there suggests, including coil and maxle.
    I gave Rock Shox uk a ring the other week, and it'll soon start to hit the press and shops. Looks like the coil/U turn maxle version will be about the same price as the Pike it'll replace.
    I'm keeping my eyes open!
    cheers
    Q

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Have Rockshox made a Reba/Revelation with maxle and coil springs?’ is closed to new replies.