Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Have Kona finally got it together again?
  • matther01
    Free Member

Just been looking at their new full sussers and finding they look rather good for the money (even if they’re odd sized wheels).

kimbers

the operator and entourage are a few years old now and been getting great reviews since they came out

ive just got a process 153, its freakin awesome

if i had the cash id be happy to get a 650b explosif and a carbonoperator

mikey74
    Free Member

I have fancied the Process for a while. I just wish I’d bought one while they were still 26 inch wheels.

honourablegeorge

Nice to see, hard not to have a soft spot for Kona. That Magic Link thing set them back a few years.

teadrinker
    Free Member

I found the Process range was crazy money for the spec, not crazy good either. I think they look awesome but Deore Brakes and hubs on £2700 is really poor. Each to there own but I’d personally go else where for value for money.

kimbers

well i swapped out the deore brakes for my hope race evos no probs

wheels and cranks ill probably upgrade at some point they are perfectly functional, if lacking in bling

compared to santa cruz prices its still a bargain!

teadrinker
    Free Member

Ahh Santa Cruz also fall under the crazy money bracket but then in general I’m finding MTBing is falling under the crazy money banner 😀

Glad your enjoying your new ride though, happy trails!

Sancho
    Free Member

Kimbers sorry but I’ve now got all three.
    And they are all awesome

kimbers

sancho you git!

realistically the carbon operator would be wasted as I dont get enough DH days in anymore, so Im looking for a s/h ally one
    at 3.4k it isnt too pricey (for a carbon dh bike!)

and the explosifs are so rare in 17 inch I dunno if ill ever get the chance, let alone the cash

(also looking at a 2014 spesh enduro virtually identical in price/spec between that and the process)

Sancho
    Free Member

i feel awful having them now, but if youre in Leeds give me a shout as the Operator is really our shop demo though Im a bit protective about it, but the explosif is just brill and its er 17″

again sorry but hope you get to ride them

🙂

glasgowdan
    Free Member

I demod a carbon operator a d must say it didn’t set my world on fire. The 2011 supreme I ended up getting feels much better.

colp

I have fancied the Process for a while. I just wish I’d bought one while they were still 26 inch wheels.

Delamere Bikes have one fairly heavily reduced I think.

nedrapier

Sancho, I’m up in Leeds this weekend. Is the explosif 2014 and 650b?

Sancho
    Free Member

It is yes

nedrapier

oooh. what’s the shop?

Is it a demo bike? Would like a look even if it isn’t.

wors

I think my Dew Drop is still ace….

Sancho
    Free Member

It’s crosstrax and we have a couple of 19″ stock but the 17″ is mine but I don’t mind it being demo’d

mud-monster
    Free Member

Process 111 DL …. YEs YEs YES!!!

IanW
    Free Member

Don’t think they ever weren’t with it, sometimes just not aligned with the uk market.

Trekster

Still riding my ’05 Dawg 😆

kiwijohn

I’m quite fond of my Honky Tonk.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Quite fancy a Major Jake myself, oh and the Ute 🙂

Ah, just seen the Ti Explosif. Nice!

matther01
    Free Member

Teadrinker- The process 134dl has slx everything (bar xt plus mech) and verb for £2999 which i think is pretty good.

JCL
    Free Member

Spoke to the designer earlier in the year. Really nice guy and switched on. Process is a riot by all accounts.

TrailriderJim
    Free Member

Re-sprayed my 09 Dawg for £80 and it looks (and still rides) like new.

ianv
    Free Member

I don’t think konas were ever that bad, just out of fashion for a while. Between me and my son, we have a shred 24, an operator and a stinky and they are all great bikes.

thedon
    Free Member

The 650b Explosif Ti and Raijin 29er are very nice, made by Lynskey.

benji
    Free Member

The Major Jake does look very nice and is getting good results under Helen Wyman.

tk46hal
    Free Member

I have a full susser Hei Hei 29er and its a dream! Kona IMO have never lost it but you do have to aim high in their range for that special bit of kit, but that’s the same for most makes. They, I suppose have to cater for all the market!

kimbers

i have 2 lava domes 97 and 2005 both done 1000s of miles i do 100 comuting miles a week on my 05 including plenty of drop offs
    a 2006 stinky- still rocks!
    a 2002 bear – building up again
    a 2008 dawg- done the ukge series this year nae bother
    previously owned
    97- hahhana- stolen
    99 muni mula- snapped
    2001 stab- sold

and now a process 153, have to say the process is a step up from the dawg, very stiff and confidence inspiring, although the angles, chainstay length etc arent much different, its just much more solid with more and better suspension
    now looking for a s/h operator to replace the stinky as I think thatll be a similar leap forward

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)

The topic ‘Have Kona finally got it together again?’ is closed to new replies.