Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Have just realised i need a new bike! Ideas plz…
  • Crankmasher
    Free Member

My 4 year old hardtail, that has had extensive use has got to the point where i don’t think its worth repairing. And after riding my Mrs new bike i need a new one. So if you had a grand budget what would you buy today? Im after a full suspension all mountain bike 2nd hand or new. If new something that would have a good frame and rear shock with the potential to upgrade components. Any help would be much appreciated.

racefaceec90

one of these (new from halfords £999.99) 🙂

King-ocelot
    Free Member

Anything on your current bike you can keep?

Crankmasher
    Free Member

That confirms one i looked at and was thinking of 😀

Oxboy
    Free Member

That Boardman is less than a grand??????????????

PJM1974
    Free Member

That Boardman is very hard to ignore.

Crankmasher
    Free Member

Yeah i probably can keep some bits of the bike but after riding the mrs new bike i now know how shite my bike is and how it runs. Im still thinking of fixing it up as a second bike as a back up. So ive always got something to ride. I think everything is ok on the bike other than the wheels. Plus i did a quick bodge attaching the cables to the bike on this second hand frame so i had a bike for a weekend away lol.

racefaceec90
    King-ocelot
    Free Member

How about a canyon Nerve 5.0, I think they are just over budget but if you sold the bits you don’t want off your current bike. They look lovely too.

Crankmasher
    Free Member

Now i want that one! Grrrrr lmao. My budget has to increase now lol

john_drummer
    Free Member

full sus for under a grand?

Spesh used to do something that, while it worked very well, weighed a ton; there used to be a mongoose (?) something or other that hit the price vs weight point very well

john_drummer
    Free Member

anyway.

wrong forum

beer & music have not been mentioned in this thread

Crankmasher
    Free Member

They have now

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Have just realised i need a new bike! Ideas plz…’ is closed to new replies.