Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Have I ruined my MacBook Pro
  • Slogo
    Free Member

Just downloaded the new OS X Mavericks. (Running lion) Just about to restart and download it to the HDD.

Anybody running new OS? What are your thoughts?

Back up done last night.

peterfile
    Free Member

It’s very much like the previous incarnation, but a bit slicker IMO. I like it.

PJ266
    Free Member

Had it since it was released, its fine for me 🙂

JefWachowchow
    Free Member

My insurance replacement arrived with it installed already (Old mac was Snow leopard) now discernible difference noticed.

Slogo
    Free Member

That’s a relief. I knew it’s very similar but there is a lot going on behind the cosmetics. The laptop is just over 2 years old now and it’s a little slower still a lot quicker than a PC of half the age.

New ram has arrived too so I’ll stick that in too.

Hmmmm SSD HDD????

slowoldman

Mavericks all OK here too.

brassneck

Have some strange windowing issues after resume on my mini.. windows get crushed up into the left hand corner, only quitting the app and restarting it seems to fix it. Not found any other note of this so I must be special.

Mavericks actually sped my mini up. Warcraft runs better too, I think they did something to the HD4000 drivers like actually brought them into the 1990s.

Slogo
    Free Member

All is great! So much quicker!!!! Now the ram.

AdamW
    Free Member

I have seen issues on redrawing windows for Logic Express 8. Apart from that its OK.

I’d love to replace the 1TB HDD inside my iMac for a SSD though to speed it up. Its just a swine to get into (magnetic screen version).

jambalaya
    Free Member

Been using Mavericks since public launch, many improvements inc better cloud connectivity and keychain, tabbed finder, imprived Safari, improved memory management. Not sure why you think machine is slower bs 2 years ago. For most normal use between 4 and 8gb ram seems optimal. I put a 750gb HDD Western Digital Scorpio Black running at 7200 rpm vs older disks at 5400, very smooth. I needed 500gb min and at £65 vs 250 for an SSD I chose the HDD which is good enough for me (2009 Mac Mini). If you get a new disk put the old one in an enclosure (useful for switching anyway) and use for extra stroage / time machine. As I post on every thread have a browse of MacRumors forums, they are excellent.

Good luck.

sharkbait
    Free Member

now discernible difference noticed.

….. apart from the nut on the keyboard being duff.

theflatboy
    Free Member

Does using it make you want to go and surf big waves?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Have I ruined my MacBook Pro’ is closed to new replies.