Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Have I missed the best ride weather of the year?
  • squeekybrakes
    Free Member

Recovery from a minor op puts me out for 2 weeks in September when it's glorious sunshine down south. Then the wife catches swine flu and I'm nursemaid for 2 weeks. Then she manages to give it to me and I'm sat inside looking out at blue sky in mid-October and can't remember the last time I was on the bike…

Question is…how long's it going to last?

scaredypants

It's gone down here – the forest of new is well on the return to swampdom after about 2 inches of rain in the last week 🙄

rOcKeTdOg

until friday in the Midlands

allthepies
    Free Member

Still dry on the Surrey riviera.

tang
    Free Member

i feel your pain, sept=injury and flu. most days staring out the window at the woods.

squeekybrakes
    Free Member

Yeh! Just about managed to fit new headset bearings today and replaced the BB last week. Bike is fettled, clean and raring to go but stood in the shed feeling sorry for itself whilst the Autumn sun continues to shine…

dobo
    Free Member

ah rubbish, i just came back from a virtually dry night ride in lordswood, few splashes of mud big deal.
    lordswood down south is usually a slipery wet smelly bog fest this time of year

scaredypants

ah, well dobo – lordswood has to do without the pitter patter of about one billion ****' hooves 👿

forest isn't buggered just yet but it's not going to take much
    (not that you can't ride in it but IIRC you're fairly familiar with the access rules, and a big tyre trench is money in the bank for fans of 1870s legislation)

Capt.Kronos
    Free Member

I am holding out hopes for next month to get me back on the bike properly after a couple of years off. At the moment it looks like I only have a few days work for November, which means I can get paid to ride 🙂

All I need is some nice crisp, frosty days….

Chance would be a fine thing! Probably get a load of call outs anyway 🙁

trailmonkey

was getting too dusty down in devon. we've had some rain to damp it all down and now it's getting dry again.

uplink
    Free Member

I think the best weather is yet to come

I love those crisp, frosty mornings 😀

dobo
    Free Member

thats a sweet picture, i cant wait for the frosty morning sunrise ride before work too, the crisp frosty weather transforms the trails into some magical place..

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Have I missed the best ride weather of the year?’ is closed to new replies.