Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Have I been sent the wrong Nobby Nic?
  • theroadwarrior
    Free Member

So I put a nobly Nic on the front of my trek fuel ex after I got bored washing out of every corner I tried to go around on the ropey bonty tyres that came fitted as standard. I’m running it tubeless.

I’d planned To keep the rear bonty tyre on as it rolls fast but recently decided I wanted more grip for climbing and a bigger carcass. So I ordered another, but from Merlin this time (1st one was from next day tyres)

The current front tyre is marked “evo pacestar triple compound, tubeless ready”

The one I’ve just received from Merlin is marked “evo triple nano compound evolution carcass” …no mention of tubeless compatibility.

Have Merlin sent me a 2010 tyre rather than the latest spec one? I need to run it tubeless and being anal I’d like them to match too!!!

ilovemygears
    Free Member

yea it was cheap for a reason

uplink
    Free Member

Should look like this

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    theroadwarrior
    Free Member

Arse. Annoyed now, obviously I went with them because of the 15% off- but there is no mention on the page that it’s not the latest spec.

Phone call tomorrow I think, either they can supply the advertised tyre or they’re having this one back.

nmdbase
    Free Member

’tis the old one that you have been sent

schmiken

Pacestar is the ‘new’ 2011 compound. Evo is the 2010 version. However he 2010 version is a lot easier to seal up on tubeless ready rims 🙂

theroadwarrior
    Free Member

UPDATE; Spoke to Merlin, they dont have any 2011 tyres so its a refund. For some reason they have 2011 versions of all the other Schwalbe tyres, just not the NN.

Suggested it might be an idea to list on the page its a 2010 model- he said they would.. but who knows.

I’ll be buying another from next day tyres once the refund comes through.. just need to find another £10 🙂

njee20
    Free Member

Yep, far more sensible to buy from Germany!

campfreddie
    Free Member

i have the 2010 NN’s from Merlin and they rock… i am running them on Crest rims in full Stans tubeless style… they seated perfectly without having to use a compressor (just a track pump), and i didn’t even need to use soapy water to get them onto the rim… after two decent rides out on them, they no keep their air for weeks on end.

(oh and no punctures or tears as yet!)

no_eyed_deer
    Free Member

I’ve recently had to send back FIVE sets of N-Nics in separate orders due to inconsistent advertising of what is actually being sold online and what will come in the post. Absolutely does my nut in, quite frankly.

Part of the problem appears to lie with the countless variants of N-Nics that exist (there must be about… seriously, 25 different versions of this tyre) AND all the weird OEM stuff floating about. It’s a virtual tyre lottery.

Shame, cause it’s such a great tyre, when you can get hold of a standard Evo in the right size 😕

theroadwarrior
    Free Member

Thanks for the Action sports link; any chance of getting hit with import duty?

I’m sure the 2010 tyre is absolutely fine, i’m tempted to fit it tbh- but I know it’d do my nut in not matching the front 🙂

It is frustrating how many varients are kicking around- good for customer choice, but when they’re not correctly advertised its a bit of a lottery!

uplink
    Free Member

any chance of getting hit with import duty?

No – EU free trade and all that guff
    Probably deliver quicker than Merlin too

njee20
    Free Member

If you’ve got Stan’s rims the older ones are definitely preferable, so it’s nice to know they’re still out there – the new ones can be stupidly tight on the slightly oversized Stans rims!

IME Action Sports deliver within about 3 days, they do use a courier (normally DPD), so it has be signed for by someone.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Have I been sent the wrong Nobby Nic?’ is closed to new replies.